Do you hate loud noise from children?

Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2010, 4:36 pm

I don't particularly like the sound of screaming children, but I don't hate them for it.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 4:48 pm

Yes, loudness from kids bothers me. I annoy my husband a lot when I snap and yell at the kids to be quiet. :-(

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 7:04 pm

The loudness of children is one of the primary reasons why I dislike them, the other reasons being how demanding they are and how filthy they are. I am mystified as to why some women want to be mothers.

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2010, 7:48 pm

Little ones, no. Some teenagers, yes.

sillycat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2010, 4:24 am

Quick banging of things being dropped ie a factory, car honking, or a dump truck going through my alley. startle me. Then I say ah. One time I returned a back pack to a homeless guy, he got pissed that his friend stole all his stuff. But didn't even express gratitude for me coming all this way to give it to him. I should have just told him to stuff it on the phone. He breaks his CD in fustration. Then I screech in a high pitch voice. ah.

Deidara
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2010, 3:54 pm

Loud children grind my gears. If I become a father I hope they won't run around screaming too much.

>implying I'd get it on with someone and not be a permavirgin

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 10:22 pm

I do get annoyed when little kids cry so freaking loud (at a higher sound intensity) at the top of their lungs, but I never show my frustration in front of anyone at all. I recall my little cousin and her mom (her aunt) stay over at my place once, and during the middle of the night she was crying so loudly and aggressively that I had trouble sleeping. She was crying for 2 hours and her mom did everything she could to comfort her, but she wouldn't stop.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 11:33 am

Loud temper tantrums from toddlers always worry me. If I'm standing near a screaming toddler, I get so worried and worked up that I feel like either storming away, giving the mother abuse for putting it near me, or screaming myself. But I know that none of these will do any good. I'll just embarrass myself.
But as the scream reaches a volume what is too much for me, I literally feel a pain of panic and irritation in my tummy, which is so bad that it makes my whole body want to have a massive fit and makes me want everyone around me to know I am frustrated. But I have to fight to stop it - and my frustration is so strong that I actually loose a bit of weight from fighting it.

That's why people must never bring kids near me what are likely to scream. If they are going to be good and sweet, then I won't worry.

bodmin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2010, 1:06 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
The loudness of children is one of the primary reasons why I dislike them, the other reasons being how demanding they are and how filthy they are. I am mystified as to why some women want to be mothers.

Having children was the last thing on my mind, in fact it was my husband who was busy saying "you could be pregnant", I was in complete denial. Then when the news came in that I was pregnant babies became my special interest and I guess I just coped, The noise and the demands can be hard and the thing that I find most difficult is the constant companionship. However love conquers all and I know it sounds a bit old hat but they really do make life meaningful.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 5:57 am

I was not surprised that almost all the posts find screaming children hard to take. What I find interesting was how many posts that declare a desire to never have kids. I was glad to see that I am not unusual among those here in that regard.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 9:55 pm

bodmin wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Having children was the last thing on my mind, in fact it was my husband who was busy saying "you could be pregnant", I was in complete denial. Then when the news came in that I was pregnant babies became my special interest and I guess I just coped, The noise and the demands can be hard and the thing that I find most difficult is the constant companionship. However love conquers all and I know it sounds a bit old hat but they really do make life meaningful.

I had the same thing this spring. My husband and I got through having sex and he said to me "Maybe you're pregnant" and my words were "No I'm not." He said it to me a few more times and everytime I said I wasn't because I felt normal. Then in the last week of April I noticed my period never came yet and my boobs were starting to feel sore and I felt more tired and the fact my mood had been different because I lost interest in chatting so I stopped coming online and I grew bored of this place and stopped coming here a lot and the fact I felt I was walking on eggshells. So finally in May I took the test and it was a big fat positive. I realized maybe that was why I had been more tired during that month and why my mood all of a sudden changed. When I told my husband he said "See I told you and you didn't believe me." He was the one who suggested I take the test and I did about a week later.

I don't think I was in denial though because my periods had been irregular and I felt normal so I didn't think I was pregnant and when I looked on the calandar and saw my period hadn't come in 28 days, that's when I noticed. Also the fact my boobs had been sore for the past week. Then I took the test four days later.