Do you have a normal bite, overbite or underbite?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

What kind of bite do you have?
Overbite (upper teeth in front of lower) 83%  83%  [ 57 ]
Regular (teeth line up) 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
Underbite (lower teeth in front of front teeth) 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 69

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 3:15 pm

not drawing any conclusions from this...am just curious to see the results.

I have an underbite- very strong one that i'm supposed to have surgery for but it costs to much

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 3:21 pm

liveandletdie wrote:
not drawing any conclusions from this...am just curious to see the results.

I have an underbite- very strong one that i'm supposed to have surgery for but it costs to much

I've read that underbites are more common among autistics than the general population.

My teeth are normal (after years of orthodontics), but that means that when I close my mouth naturally, my upper teeth do overlap my lower teeth. But all my molars are lined up. So my mouth is like how you described an overbite, except that I don't have an overbite, I have normal alignment.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

arecibo_
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jun 2010, 3:21 pm

A very slight overbite - thankfully it's barely noticeable.

Deidara
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2010, 3:30 pm

I used to have a severe underbite. My upper jaw also wasn't broad enough. I have had 2 operations to fix this.

When I was 18 they made a cut in my upper jaw from front to back, operation itself wasn't anything major. Took like 10 minutes or so, they also took out my molars.
I got specialized 'bridge' braces. I had to place a key in it and turn it 3 times every day, effectively widening my jaw. Not a pleasant experience to say the least. :evil:

Then when I was 20 they took a piece out of my lower jaw so it aligned with my upper jaw. Had to wear braces for 1 year after the last surgery. Everything looks fine now.

Insurance paid most of it, my doctor described the condition worse than it actually was (in bad cases it can screw up your chewing which is bad for your stomach).

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 3:34 pm

I have a crossbite : \ but that's only because I had braces as a teenager and couldn't stand the rubber bands, retainers, enlargers, and other forms of headgear that went along with them. I barely tolerated the braces themselves. They were very uncomfortable and scraped the inside of my mouth. I wouldn't wear anything but the braces to school, even though the orthodontist wanted me to wear a retainer and connect the bottom and upper teeth with rubber bands. He cemented something in the roof of my mouth to gradually enlarge it and I was stuck wearing it for months.
The process took years and before it was over, I demanded the braces be removed so that the upper teeth have a slight crossbite, but it's not that bad., It's hardly noticeable.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 3:36 pm

Had an overbite, but it was corrected with a retainer.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2010, 3:40 pm

Mild overbite, which used to be a major overbite before I had braces.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 3:44 pm

Deidara wrote:
I got specialized 'bridge' braces. I had to place a key in it and turn it 3 times every day, effectively widening my jaw. Not a pleasant experience to say the least. :evil:

I had that. My mom turned the key because I couldn't reach it. One day I heard a "sproing" sound in my head and my whole face was wider and there was a big gap between my front two teeth. My orthodontist said that was my upper palate breaking in half.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 4:07 pm

Overbite, crossbite, high/narrow palate. Had to have a palate expanded also except they didn't have to do surgery because they caught it before my palate fused. Even after all that they still had to take a bunch of teeth out to get them to fit in my mouth.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 4:12 pm

sever over bite though out most of high school and grade school I had something correcting the inside of my mouth. Right now I wear a retainer but I've had three retainers prior, both head gear and braces too. Which didn't help me socially in school. It made me even more quite and socially uncomfortable.

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 4:29 pm

clumsybee wrote:

ditto^^

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 5:34 pm

Kaysea wrote:
clumsybee wrote:

ditto^^

Same here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 5:39 pm

I had a major overbite, through elementary school. I got braces in Grade 8. I have a slight overbite, now.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 6:00 pm

I have an underbite & don't want it fixed.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 6:28 pm

Overbite.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 6:42 pm

I have a cross bite and an underbite. My jaw is off center nothing lines up, my jaw hurts all the time from me holding it center so I do not look like an inbred hillbilly.