Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What % of autism would you guess you are?
100% - Never was alive just was a concept. 20%  20%  [ 6 ]
50% - Different and aware of differences. 67%  67%  [ 20 ]
1% - Total Bliss Unaware of Autism. 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
0% - You do not have autism. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 30

ci
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 2:42 am

How much autism are you?

Comparative Statements:

1. How much blue is light blue and how much blue is dark blue?

2. If each genetic component of autism made up part of the total genetics of a human being with autism does it make up the entire being just as part of a genetic coding of an apple core that makes up an apple the total apple?

3. Does autism make an entity entirely different and separate from an alien and if an alien is green and other aliens gray and all humans black to peach and all shaded in-between.

4. If melting water coming from the mountains from melting snow makes a lake is autism like the lake, the snow and earth which forms it's body like autism to the human body?

5. Is a person in a wheelchair not a person but a wheelchair and the broken spine? Should you remove the spine and the wheels of the chair is it humane? However if you fix the spine and remove the chair is there still a person?

The Self-Advocacy Moral

If you cannot function but do not want to function then do not function. If you function differently but are forced to function differently don't function. Should you refuse to allow another person to function and choose for them you should be shunned. If the stubbornness in you to see yourself in others in their choices and attempt to prevent theirs as if it's ok you suffer from an illusion as others perceive god is.

Of cure, treatments and human rights.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 3:07 am

i dont get the post,it went right over my head.i dont understand your posts in general.if what your asking is how severe is your autism.i would say severe aspergers,but mild on the spectrum as a whole.im not totaly sure.i feel way behind most of the people on this site,but that also could be education level.i dont know.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 3:09 am

I'm still trying to figure out my post and I wrote it. I am sure you understand my other posts because we have interacted and you don't agree. If you don't agree just don't understand then it won't be a trick and if you want a bit of a treat ask questions.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OufjMK0AHQw[/youtube]

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 3:46 am

Can someone PLEASE translate???

Let me see if I even understand any of what you're saying.

I don't understand 1 - 4. With 5, I think you're saying:

"A person in a wheelchair is a person; the wheelchair and broken spine are peripheral characteristics which could be discarded without altering the person's core. And there's the person, and "paralyzed and in a wheelchair" isn't enough to make a person, so taking it away isn't enough to change the person. And it's cruel to remove the person's spine and the chair's wheels, but it's okay to fix the person's spine so they can walk and then remove the wheelchair."

Is that correct?

I don't know as I understand the last bit either.

NOT A DOCTOR

ci
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 3:56 am

The topic comes down to how you perceive the concept of autism as you. I cannot at this time explain each numbered tricky statement. I will later though but it depends on how many people participate in this poll..

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2011, 4:08 am

I understand I am on the autistic spectrum. I just have difficulty pinpointing exactly where.
If I were to put it on some sort of scale, 1-10 I feel like 4. I am not as "autistic" as I use to be. But even while I am able to understand how to act more normal (kind of like how a sociopath would mimic emotions but this is only an exaggerated example), I still retain some deficiencies such as stimming 24/7 on ranging levels, not knowing how others will react to the things I say or do, and not knowing how to relate emotionally with most others.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 4:13 am

Confidence is a great thing despite some alienable label. Does it matter if you are autism or simply a person with autism or not? Does your behavior certain times mean autistic to you and other times not?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 4:34 am

I am several thousands of autisms

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 4:40 am

Why do you consider stimming 24/7 a deficiency? Just because people make you feel ashamed to be who you are doesn't mean they're right. You're okay as yourself.

Anyway, there's not a linear scale of more autistic vs. less autistic. First we'd need a much clearer, more concrete definition of autism. Then we'd need autism to not be a collection of closely-related ways of being that aren't directly comparable as more vs. less of one thing.

And I can't be autism. I can only be autistic or have autism. Either is grammatically correct, but saying I am autistic fits with my philosophy better.

But... like, autism doesn't exist any more than the color red exists. I mean, have you ever seen red? I don't think so. I think you've seen a red door, a red jacket, a red matador's cape, red blood, red stripes on candy canes-- but red itself? No. Similarly, autism. You can't see autism. You can see autistic people. "Red" the noun is an abstraction made up to refer to the quality shared by things we call "red." And that's what autism is-- an abstraction to refer to the qualities shared by people we call autistic.

NOT A DOCTOR

ci
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 4:40 am

Moog wrote:
I am several thousands of autisms

Explain why.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 4:43 am

DandelionFireworks wrote:
Why do you consider stimming 24/7 a deficiency? Just because people make you feel ashamed to be who you are doesn't mean they're right. You're okay as yourself.

Anyway, there's not a linear scale of more autistic vs. less autistic. First we'd need a much clearer, more concrete definition of autism. Then we'd need autism to not be a collection of closely-related ways of being that aren't directly comparable as more vs. less of one thing.

And I can't be autism. I can only be autistic or have autism. Either is grammatically correct, but saying I am autistic fits with my philosophy better.

But... like, autism doesn't exist any more than the color red exists. I mean, have you ever seen red? I don't think so. I think you've seen a red door, a red jacket, a red matador's cape, red blood, red stripes on candy canes-- but red itself? No. Similarly, autism. You can't see autism. You can see autistic people. "Red" the noun is an abstraction made up to refer to the quality shared by things we call "red." And that's what autism is-- an abstraction to refer to the qualities shared by people we call autistic.

Yes but autism is a concept that you did not know when you were born but later. You were aware of reality before knowing autism. But why do you accept this label autism as part of your lives philosophy?

drown_my_sense_is
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jan 2011, 5:44 am

I have to say . . . thats YI love this thread. my style. you have to work around what was said. I was talking in this manner for like a year, might have been because I was in my own head & I could assume what this&that stood for within my brain. but others could not have guessed, lol. this would happen moreso if on cannabis, putting aspie into high gear or something. OK:
3. u would not have the same entity when the autism is removed, yet the entity will still (in your scenario) likely be human,not alien.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 6:07 am

This post has nothing to do with pot heads. It has allot to do with perception, philosophy and applied diagnostic concepts.

But you did give me some insight and thanks for it.

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 6:11 am

The grammar of these questions is very poor, but I'll try to answer them:

Quote:
1. How much blue is light blue and how much blue is dark blue?

With reference to what? Blue is a colour with a spectrum of shades. To answer your question I need to know what your definition of blue looks like.
Quote:
2. If each genetic component of autism made up part of the total genetics of a human being with autism does it make up the entire being just as part of a genetic coding of an apple core that makes up an apple the total apple?

No. To say otherwise implies that my arms and fingers are made of a substance called autism. Autism is a neurological condition which affects the brain, but nothing else as far as I am aware.
Quote:
3. Does autism make an entity entirely different and separate from an alien and if an alien is green and other aliens gray and all humans black to peach and all shaded in-between.

No, autism doesn't make you entirely different from aliens. Being from planet Earth makes you different from aliens.
Quote:
4. If melting water coming from the mountains from melting snow makes a lake is autism like the lake, the snow and earth which forms it's body like autism to the human body?

Autism isn't a physical thing like a lake at the top of a mountain or a marble you can roll on the floor. It's more like a quality. Say you have two transparent drinks glasses, one filled with Lemonade and the other with water. You wouldn't be able to guess which glass contained which drink by looking at them unless there was some other visual clue. However, if you took a sip from the two glasses, there would be no mistaking the lemonade for the water. Autistics look the same as NTs, but there is no doubt they are different.
Quote:
5. Is a person in a wheelchair not a person but a wheelchair and the broken spine? Should you remove the spine and the wheels of the chair is it humane? However if you fix the spine and remove the chair is there still a person?

Please rephrase this question. Your meaning is unclear.
Quote:
The Self-Advocacy Moral

If you cannot function but do not want to function then do not function. If you function differently but are forced to function differently don't function. Should you refuse to allow another person to function and choose for them you should be shunned. If the stubbornness in you to see yourself in others in their choices and attempt to prevent theirs as if it's ok you suffer from an illusion as others perceive god is.

Of cure, treatments and human rights.

Is this a quotation from somewhere?

ci
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 6:18 am

Not everyone with autism looks like (behaves) like people without autism. In fact the more autism there is the more the cup is full compared to the glass of whatever you have and have not filled or drank from. The bottom statement was not a question it was a teaching from a monkey but I simply translated it. The monkey seems a bit pissed off and is throwing poop at the forum readers.

Most people with autism I know would have no interest in this forum or socializing on it.

Nathan Young

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 7:23 am

What about a heap of sand, from which grains are individually removed. Is it still a heap when only one grain remains? If not, when did it change from a heap to a non-heap?

Isn't then one grain of sand a "heap" of atoms?

How many atoms removed is a non-heap?

It's all a spectral illusion.