Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 7:51 am

floating wrote:
what a great thread this was to read:) actually I'd been thinking of posting a thread something like - do you ever feel like you have absolutely no choice but to do nothing? but seems like lots of aspies do experience this but call it fatigue or sensory overload or whatever. I've been cracking up over all the stories I can relate to - not being able to keep up with the NTs, needing hours of staring at the wall time to recover from seemingly minor things, grocery trips which take all day and require a day to recover etc.

YES!! ! That is what I do every Sunday. I lock myself in my room, don't leave the house, and just watch movies all day long. I NEED to do this. If I can't have the whole of Sunday to do it my week is screwed. I mean, that I get physically sick.

Meggo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Dec 2010, 4:53 pm

I'm ALWAYS tired. Except for the time between when I get to work and no one is in the office, and lunch time when the most people are there. Saturdays and Sundays, when I'm at home, I have tons of energy.

I try to avoid places like Walmart and Target. All the lights, sounds, and people send my senses into overload. It exhausts me! The same goes for company luncheons, concerts, etc. Sometimes I get really frustrated, because I feel like I'm getting done only half of what I should in a day. Plus, the fatigue makes it even harder to think so I make mistakes.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 5:03 pm

Meggo wrote:
Sometimes I get really frustrated, because I feel like I'm getting done only half of what I should in a day. Plus, the fatigue makes it even harder to think so I make mistakes.

People are incredibly distracting, and not in a good way.

Our car broke so my husband sent me to the grocery with his friend. He was so distracting -- just having to keep track of where he was and respond to things he said -- that I didn't get important things on my list and I got home feeling twice as nauseated and exhausted as I usually do after shopping.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 10:39 pm

I'm diagnosed with hypersomnia.

A lot of my fatigue comes from being drained from loud noises, losing sleep to loud noises, tinnitus (loud noise constantly... even in silence)...

Noise is not my friend.

Oh, and if you ever have kids, NEVER take them to an air show.