Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 9:03 pm

The other night I thought my brother was listening to his stereo because I heard his favorite song playing, but then it dawned on me that his stereo wasn't on and it was all in my head.

And whenever there is a loud, continuous sound, such as the telephone ringing, or a baby crying, I can still hear it ringing in my head for a little while after the noise has stopped.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 9:22 pm

When my mother was first put on blood pressure medication she insisted she heard voices coming out of the fan.

ellomo
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2010, 9:23 pm

I have background music playing in my head all the time, Some days I wish I could record it. Occasionally it's songs I've heard on the radio or something but mostly its new to me. I also find, sometimes sounds like a fan or machinery hum etc can lead the music in a different direction to fit with the sounds rhythm.

I've wondered if it means I'm mad too :roll:
I like to agree with TeaEarlGreyHot.....

Quote:
I prefer to consider myself unique. :D

Peace ellomo

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 9:25 pm

ellomo wrote:
I have background music playing in my head all the time, from Some days I wish I could record it. Occasionally it's songs I've heard on the radio or something but mostly its new to me. I also find, sometimes sounds like a fan or machinery hum etc can lead the music in a different direction to fit with the sounds rhythm.

I've wondered if it means I'm mad too :roll:
I like to agree with TeaEarlGreyHot.....

Quote:
I prefer to consider myself unique. :D

Peace ellomo

I've written songs and poetry from the music in my head. What's that they say about artists? hehe

Kuma
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jul 2010, 9:32 pm

It is the brain making patterns out of chaos. The same thing happens out at sea. The random sounds make patterns that can be made out to be voices or music. Many a sailor of olden days believed to have heard sirens and such. I have heard many a voice from the ocean and many a song from random noise.

Facebook: Shiroi Tora

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 9:42 pm

Kuma wrote:
It is the brain making patterns out of chaos. The same thing happens out at sea. The random sounds make patterns that can be made out to be voices or music. Many a sailor of olden days believed to have heard sirens and such. I have heard many a voice from the ocean and many a song from random noise.

Mine doesn't come from random noise, though. *shrug*

labnjab
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jul 2010, 10:12 pm

Where's yours from tea? Is a fan considered random and thank you for sharing I'm so glad its not just me. Sorry to sound confused.

Your Aspie score: 187 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
This keeps getting higher everytime I take it :/

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 10:47 pm

I have this problem too. Mostly from fans, air conditioners, or my open car window. Sometimes nothing causes it if I'm just manic.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

EB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jul 2010, 12:09 am

I've had something like this. I used to play pokemon and zelda all day everyday for I don't know how long growing up and even now after selling all my game stuff a few years ago (and not having played any of the games for a while before that) I now and then still randomly hear pokmon or zelda music in my head. I remember being sick once (it was a little like the flu minus the throwing up) and hearing pokemon music the whole time (I used to keep a diary and there are piece of paper in my sloppy 'sick person home alone trying to record what's happened to keep herself sane' notes on what I was hearing and stuff). I seems to mostly happen now when I'm in the shower or something semi relaxing. The music in my head is louder than the water from the shower head (which I can't hear over when others outside the bathroom try to talk to me). More recently I'm been playing a game on my computer that beeps/chirps at me when a new post is added (it's a role playing game) and so now somtimes I hear the beep from the game when I'm not even playing it (and it's not on). Or I'd see blinking minimized bar for another game saying someone had replyed when it's not there. (my mind scares me like that).

I've also sometimes heard music when the fan's going but it's not a very common thing with me. (Once I thought someone had a radio on and it turned out to be the fan.) And sometimes when the fan's noise is annoying me I try to turn it into music in my head which doesn't always work.

ellomo
Raven
Raven

10 Jul 2010, 1:10 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I've written songs and poetry from the music in my head. What's that they say about artists? hehe

I'd like to be able to play an instrument. I've never tried.

I've been considering buying a saxophone and trying to copy what I can hear in my head. I like the sax days the most :D

Peace ellomo

ellomo
Raven
Raven

10 Jul 2010, 1:12 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Kuma wrote:

Mine doesn't come from random noise, though. *shrug*

Nor does mine. Random noise just leads it in a different direction sometimes or changes the style or instruments.

Peace ellomo

Deidara
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jul 2010, 1:25 am

The only thing that ever did this for me was a vacuum cleaner. That droning sound is awesome.

Astravega
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jul 2010, 1:29 am

Indeed

For example in my instance I playback the tune in my head sound for sound but it is manipulative I find it really odd

Suiseiten
Raven
Raven

10 Jul 2010, 1:29 am

It occasionally happens to me, even if I am not playing a game or something. For the longest time, I would hear the Pokemon or Zelda music even though I was the only gamer in my immediate family and they were the ones I was around. I liked it, but tried to act normal because my mother and sister already find me odd enough (though they also don't know about my second diagnosis yet).

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 11:42 am

labnjab wrote:
Where's yours from tea? Is a fan considered random and thank you for sharing I'm so glad its not just me. Sorry to sound confused.

I normally hear the music when I'm laying in bed and it's quiet. No fan, no noises from outside... you get the idea. I've heard voices during this time, as well. Though, that hasn't happened in a few years.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 11:46 am

ellomo wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

I'd like to be able to play an instrument. I've never tried.

I've been considering buying a saxophone and trying to copy what I can hear in my head. I like the sax days the most :D

Peace ellomo

I've tried the piano before. When I could get my fingers to cooperate, I was pretty good. It was rare, though.

Wind instruments fascinate me but I could never quite get the breathing right. If you don't breathe right, you get winded fairly fast.