Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 3:39 pm

Like when other aspies talk about how they have made new friends or that they get invited to parties, do you feel jealous?

I don't feel jealous since I have already self-admitted that I lack conversational skills.

suziekueww
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Sep 2010, 3:43 pm

I was jealous of NTs when they made friends, but now I am not.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 3:45 pm

I admit I feel tinges of jealousy when I hear about people's accomplishments, but I don't feel jealous when they talk about parties and friends.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 3:47 pm

Yeah, the ones who seem to be able to have proper relationships.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 4:03 pm

yeah, i get jealous if they are successful at careers, or if they have a bestie/BFF. my series of job failures and lack of real friends gets to me a bit. i have a string of acquaintanceships that last a maximum of 2 years only. i can't imagine having real friendships that endure.

Pamo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Sep 2010, 4:08 pm

Friendships often don't last forever. Even for us NTs. Sometimes you move in different directions and grow apart. It's hard. Being jealous sometimes is human. We all feel it sometimes.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 4:20 pm

If they got invited to parties and I didn't, my likely response would be, "You sure you want to do that? I'd get totally frazzled..."

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 4:21 pm

I feel jealousy sometimes. But I have no idea if such a person I feel jealous over has other problems, so it's not a good thing to feel jealousy over such things.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 4:47 pm

I'm somewhat jealous of these Aspies who have friends and bf/gf. I wonder how they do it.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 4:49 pm

i sometimes feel jealous of the ones who have gotten services when they were younger

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 4:53 pm

Pamo, thanks for that nugget! i forget that NTs don't have ideal and/or perfect lives either.

okay, so i have something else really really shallow to share. i am kind of jealous of really stereotypically 'good-looking' aspies. i know that they would still have the same social difficulties as everyone else on the spectrum, but i still get a little envious because i think that they may have a certain advantage.

it's totally an unfair assumption on my part to think that they would have anything easier, but i still feel a little pang of jealousy. i am totally ashamed of that feeling!

drown_my_sense_is
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2010, 4:57 pm

Get jealous of the other aspies that figured out how they were different at a younger age and were still in school. or those that have understanding family that can recognize. even though I'm old by no means. I would consider it envy since in jealousy you have the possibility of attaining that what you are jealous for.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 5:13 pm

There are some aspies, who don't have special interests. I have a hard time, keeping mine to myself on WP, due to my strict upbringning, getting scolded and sent to my room, every time I talked about them, to the point that I've stopped talking to my parents so much, at the age of 12. Do I feel jealous of WP members who have no special interests?

No, I don't. :cool:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Sep 2010, 5:15 pm

I felt jealous when my SO, who is an Aspie, took me with him to a reunion with old schoolmates. Even though on the spectrum, he had about 8 friends there who were overjoyed to see him, and they all sat around reminiscing. I have never experienced anything like it. If I heard that my high school was having a reunion, I would run one thousand miles. But it must be nice to have people that really like you and are glad to see you, many years later!

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 5:18 pm

I have never been able to understand jealousy. Don't know why but I just don't get it.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 5:32 pm

Sometimes. The reasons are different though. I get jealous of people who I feel have had it easy in various ways regardless of nurological condition.