Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2004, 4:16 pm

I have heard that some things have not gone the way I have expected them to. I just thought I would say I hope that nothing goes wrong in this forum in the near future, and all in all, this website to be a favorable enough place to share our thoughts in.

Thank you,
Jason

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2004, 5:02 pm

In that you share the hopes of most of us jason - hopefully things will settle down again here if we all try to respect each other. :)

dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2004, 1:07 am

These kinds of things happens in any kind of online community...

We just need to take them in stride and deal with things one thing at a time.

One would think that a community like this would have self-destructed a long time ago, but it has not, in fact just the opposite has proven itself to be true.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2004, 5:59 am

There is conflict anywhere and everywhere. Trying to create a world without conflict is pointless and in my opinion ignorant.

I couldn't bear it. People are real and their emotions are real. People are not happy and fun loving all the time like some forums expect.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2004, 6:33 am

Disagreement is inevitable - it would be unrealistic to expect otherwise. However there is a difference between a debate and a slanging match, and disagreement with the position of another and personal attacks. The former are part of any healthy group, the latter have become a poison on this site and must be stamped out for the good of the community. That isn't free speech - it is bullying. It would be nice to think that WP can be the sort of place where you can voice your feelings or opinions, however trivial or controversial, without being savaged for it.

dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Catffienated
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2004, 8:27 am

Here is my formal apology. I apologize for slandering Alexander Plank, one of the administrators of Wrongplanet.net. I retract all statements and accusations I have made against him. {Apology retracted, I stand behind my accusations}

Last edited by Catffienated on 18 Dec 2004, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catffienated
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2004, 4:11 pm

I retract my apology, and here is why I made it:
"I think you realize that what you've done is morally wrong, and I really hope that you'll stop trying to spread lies about me. If you want to talk to me, please IM me, I'm more than happy to talk to you, although I do feel betrayed that you would respond so viciously to rejection. I'm sorry that I hurt you, but I think you're response has been disproportional to my rejecting you. I hope that you will have the strength to make a public apology and retraction of your statements. I really hope that you are a strong enough person to do what you know is right. You know that I didn't do anything wrong to you. You were the one who told me you liked me. That was after I had made you an admin, but you know all this. Please do the right thing and apologize for what you have done to my name. I have the logs of all of our conversations, but I don't want to publicly embarass you by releasing them. You have really left me no choice, however, but I'm giving you the chance to tell people the truth before I post the logs. This isn't a threat, because releasing logs will only show the truth, and this isn't blackmail because I'm not forcing you to do anything. I'm just giving you a chance to tell people that you lied about me before I release logs that prove my innocence, but also would cause you to lose your credibility on the internet."