Do things make you laugh that no one else finds funny?

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 12:48 pm

Often, the things that make me roar with laughter are things that nobody else finds funny or as funny as I do, by far. The strangest things can make me laugh, such as I just saw an expression in a story: "drop trou" and I was laughing so hard!

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 12:51 pm

Oh, heavens, yes! I'm the type of person who finds very random, "out-there" humor funny, and when I tell somebody about it, they never understand WHY I find the specific thing funny to begin with. I think it might be because I am very prone to finding the sound of things funny. If somebody has a unique tone of voice or if a word has an interesting sound, I'll think that's interesting and funny. Only other Aspies share my sense of humor. :D I've also noticed that, if somebody does find something funny that I do, they certainly tire of it quicker than I do. I'm the type of person who will want to latch on to the joke and keep repeating it in conversation. It saddens me when the neurotypical grows bored of it. :roll:
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

Jamin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Apr 2009, 12:57 pm

All the time.

So it puzzles me that we are supposed to be 'humourless.' :scratch:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 1:23 pm

I thought Shrek 2 was pretty so-so, but for some reason, when Shrek said "Working hard, or hardly working?" I completely lost it. I don't know why...a few minutes would go by, I'd think of it again, and have another laughing fit. This continued a bit into the movie they showed afterwards, too @_@

Also, none of my friends seemed to think Throw Momma from the Train was very funny, but I thought it was hilarious :roll:

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 1:31 pm

OddDuckNash99 wrote:
I've also noticed that, if somebody does find something funny that I do, they certainly tire of it quicker than I do.

Same with me. I often have to bite my tongue so they won't know I'm still laughing at what, for them, was only mildly funny.

ALacount
Toucan
Toucan

24 Apr 2009, 2:08 pm

YAY!! I'm not the only one! I think it's hilarious for random words to be said, such as "Spoon" or "Tap dancing salmon" (this is due to my psychotic maniac of a friend who has influenced my sense of humor somewhat though) But quite often I think "cat" then think about the word and relise hop silly it sounds, and start laughing at an inappropriate time...

AnnaLemma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2009, 3:16 pm

I think irony is funny and I see it played out a dozen times a day. Sometimes it's subtle, and sometimes I see it in the connections of various things I know, so it is just about inexplicable to anyone else, and they end up more convinced than ever that there is something wrong with me.

Biogeek
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Apr 2009, 3:27 pm

I know we're not supposed to have imagination but I like to make up odd-sounding names for my fictional characters. I have one right now that I repeat over and over in my head, and it's as funny now as it was the the moment I created it. I'm sure most NT's would find all this tiresome.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 3:51 pm

Greentea,
have also got that sort of humour...am call own-object humour as most of the things am find funny is objects of some sort,or involve something someone has done with an object,and doesnt matter if it was a long time ago,will still find it extremely funny.

Biogeek wrote:
I know we're not supposed to have imagination but I like to make up odd-sounding names for my fictional characters. I have one right now that I repeat over and over in my head, and it's as funny now as it was the the moment I created it. I'm sure most NT's would find all this tiresome.

for aspies-they removed the imagination impairment from the 'triad of impairments',they changed it to something else [dont know what it is],though imagination impairment is still unchanged in the TOI as a common problem for auties [classic autism].

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 3:56 pm

^^ Yaye, I believe I often laugh at matters other humans do not understand. ^^ I believe I very much miss my happy friend Lady. I believe I enjoy imagining what has been said within my head, often these happy little saying are intended to be metaphorical I believe, yet I often form a happy image within my head and laugh a very large amount. ^^ Often individuals are rather frightened when I complete this act, yet my happy friend Sadie would also laugh when I informed her, and expand the happy situation further. ^^ She was happily Neurotypical I believe. She would be considered Neurotypical I believe. Yet, I often find my sister laughs at matters that individuals wish not to laugh at, and have also noticed a number of individuals in the past who do this, who I do not believe are present on the autistic spectrum. ^^ All individuals are different. I am very frightened of a large amount of labelling.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 4:32 pm

I'm not so sure, but I can see something on TV and not laugh at it, but then laugh at it after seeing it many times later.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

SilverPikmin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2009, 4:34 pm

I don't really laugh at things nobody finds funny often, but I do laugh at things a lot more than people around me. If something funny happens I'm always the one who laughs the hardest and the longest. And they call me miserable. :)

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 4:36 pm

Yes, but part of it is that I´m living in a foreign country I think. Sometimes, someone says something that just sounds so funny to me in German, though the Germans only seem to think it´s moderately funny.

But I notice, even more- bigtime!- that I often don´t find conventional humor funny. I notice this particularly in movies, sometimes plays. People seem to like this overdone humor these days, which just seems silly to me. If people have these sudden big emotions, but I don´t know where they´re coming from; i.e., no logical basis- (so the emotions and the humor just seem inanely silly)- then I just don´t seem to find that funny. I like intellectual humor, or also black humor, if it´s done well.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 4:41 pm

YES, definitely. :D

I can just roar with laughter at seemingly innocent things. :lol:

CMaximus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2009, 4:54 pm

My sense of irony and what's satirical seem to be a little bit off from everyone else, yes. Sometimes if someone asks, I'll walk them through what I think is going on and they'll sometimes see what I mean and think it's funny, too, if only because it makes a weird kind of sense to them once I've mentioned it. I've been told I "make so much sense it's scary."

Also, I notice and like to try to perfectly copy what I think are odd intonations when people talk, either in person or in entertainment mediums, which again, other people sometimes appreciate once I've pointed them out, or they just don't get it.

Last edited by CMaximus on 24 Apr 2009, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 4:59 pm

I can keep laughing about something for a lot longer than other people do. When the whole class is laughing at something, I'll be the last to stop laughing.

y es como un semestre"