Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 8:52 pm

I'm not sure if that's the right topic title so sorry. I talk about my interest in my finances and my sister remarked I don't CARE! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FINANCES! Me: Oh. Mom was talking about work to me/sis/dad and dad was like huh? My sis said I understand mom better than Brandy talking about videogames in the car today.

(I found out info. on the 3DS so I was excited to share the info.) but she doesn't seem to care. I do ask how is work/your back (she has a bad back) She says the same nothing new etc. Not much of a conversation and when talking about a show me/her like it was 5min. and negative OMG I hated the latest episode etc. Me: Oh have you seen X new episode of Y show her: No. I really have no one to talk to about my interest sadly. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Last edited by zeldapsychology on 30 Sep 2010, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benny123
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Sep 2010, 8:56 pm

Sorry, you seem to be kinda all over the place.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 10:26 pm

Benny123 wrote:
Sorry, you seem to be kinda all over the place.

I agree. Their posts would make a lot more sense if they broke up the paragraphs. They're hard for me to read.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 10:41 pm

Well, I relate. Luckily? I learned very young not to try to talk to my family - who never even talked to one another.

Anyway, don't let it get you - one of the few times I had the chance to talk IN DEPTH to someone who was actually working in and able to talk intelligently about my area of interest, he turned around two weeks later and attacked me. Unless you have found some people who can be true ingroup to you [they exist, just rare], communication is overrated.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 2:29 am

I can't carry conversations and I usually cut them extremely short because of that.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 2:55 am

I've been told that I "argue" a lot in situations like these.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 11:34 am

My parents couldn't care less about my interests either.

Well, I occasionally have an interesting conversation with my dad regarding car related stuff, and my mum listens to me when she wants the info for a specific reason, but rarely has a normal conversation about anything I like.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 1:40 pm

I find myself being able to carry on conversations if it's something I am interested in and when I have things to say. But if it is not something I am interested in and I have nothing to add, then I can't carry on a conversation.

Lissy65
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Oct 2010, 12:24 pm

I struggle enough with starting conversations and when it comes to keeping them going, unless it's something I'm interested in, I tend to spend so long coming up with a reply that the topic has moved on. Also, when I do talk about stuf I'm interested in people either don't understand or are bored. If it's just me and someone else there's usually a pause because I'm constructing a reply (an excuse my mother never believes) and I usually can't change the subject and keep the conversation going.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 2:26 pm

I rarely have anything to say unless its an advanced topic that nobody understands and I reply in monosyllabic answers. Consequently, most people think I'm an idiot. The brain cancer affecting my motor skills really doesn't help. :?