Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 8:47 pm

.....has it been a little quiet around here lately?

If so....I suppose this might be because many posters are HS/college/uni students.

Obviously they likely have less time to post on WP than they did over the summer when it seemed more active around here.

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 8:59 pm

Yep. I've noticed it too. Not just in the regular forums, but even in the parents forum - which I would have thought would be jumping, what with school and all.

By simply doing what they are designed to do something large and magnificient happens. In this sense they show us how to live; The only barometer you have is your heart. When you spot your flower, you can't let anything get in your way. - John Laroche

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 9:20 pm

OddFiction wrote:
Yep. I've noticed it too. Not just in the regular forums, but even in the parents forum - which I would have thought would be jumping, what with school and all.

Yeah....it kinda sucks too. Myspace is a essentially a ghost town these days and I don't have (and don't want) a Facebook account.

I thought I was an unliked poster and/or thread-killer before....now it just seems as though i'm posting to phantoms. :(

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 9:26 pm

Horus wrote:
OddFiction wrote:

Yeah....it kinda sucks too. Myspace is a essentially a ghost town these days and I don't have (and don't want) a Facebook account.

I thought I was an unliked poster and/or thread-killer before....now it just seems as though i'm posting to phantoms. :(

I am currently not in school and not working and don't know what to do with myself. I can only play guitar, read, exercise and watch TV so much. There's not very much to do in South Florida as it's a cultural/intellectual wasteland filled with little more than the commercial trappings of mainstream suburban America.

I've done most of the stuff you can enjoy outdoors in S. Florida (snorkeling, diving, hiking in the everglades, etc...) so i'm not too motivated to engage in all those things anymore.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2010, 9:27 pm

Why are you talking to yourself?

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 9:30 pm

Clyde wrote:
Why are you talking to yourself?

I'm not.....i'm typing to myself :wink:

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2010, 9:32 pm

Horus wrote:
Clyde wrote:
I'm not.....i'm typing to myself :wink:

Type talking. Compromise?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 9:45 pm

I've noticed the same thing, as well.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2010, 9:46 pm

To actually answer the question, yes I have noticed that.

raul693
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Oct 2010, 9:59 pm

Wow you must be the Florida version of me, I am too currently not in school (finished law school, just waiting for graduation day) and not working (I want to, I'm not lazy) so I have way to much free time. To make matters worse basically all my friends are in school or working so all I do is play guitar, read (which is sort of weird in me), exercise, play videogames and watch TV. It was fun at first but it's now been almost two months, I'm going nuts. I'm starting Wing Chun (martial arts) any tips on how to fill the hours?

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 10:02 pm

I agree it seemed livelier not long ago. I don't find that there are many threads I'm interested in posting in, though I tend to read the threads more than post.

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 10:03 pm

I noticed that around the beginning of september, I was even going to start a thread about it.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 10:56 pm

bee33 wrote:
I agree it seemed livelier not long ago. I don't find that there are many threads I'm interested in posting in, though I tend to read the threads more than post.

That's another thing....many of the threads lately seem pointless, redundant, off-topic and just generally tiresome to me.

It seems like it's always the same old topics which have been done to death a thousand times on WP.

*shrugs*

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 11:08 pm

It's hard for me to find new threads that I'm interested in. What kind of threads am I supposed to make? I post and read, more than I make threads. I don't wish to be an attention seeker.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 11:26 pm

Oh well....maybe i'll start going to sleep earlier since even WP doesn't offer any reason to stay up past midnight these days.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 11:33 pm

It's up to all of us to liven it up. Anyone have any ideas for interesting threads? I'm going through a bit of a tough time and don't want to post more depressing threads!