Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

turkey87953
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jul 2011, 7:43 am

I am perfectly happy to be by myself alone, i have no desire to have freinds, or go out and be "social" i dont get lonley
yet everyone seems to think its a bad thing to not want friends, . for a long time i had 1 close friend and it was always stress hearing all there problems not knowing how to "chill out" eventually that friendship ended and i was alone and happy!
are anyone ele like this are you happier with no freinds?
do you even want friends at all? and do you get lonley without them?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 8:05 am

Yes yes a thousand times yes.
Solitude is bliss.

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 8:23 am

I enjoy friends and family in small doses, but they have to be spaced apart pretty widely. I prefer alone-time generally. I rarely get lonely and almost never find myself missing a particular person.

Right now, I'm pretty stressed because I have family living with me and there's almost no way to get time to myself without the danger of someone else walking into the room.

DreamSofa
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jul 2011, 8:24 am

Quote:
do you even want friends at all? and do you get lonley without them?

I have a couple of friends and, no, I don't get lonely. I prefer being by myself.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 8:26 am

I'm a bit lonely at times :cry:

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2011, 8:29 am

I actually find that I feel more lonely when I am surrounded by people. I feel more like an outsider, or like I don't belong.

I am most content when I am alone. I prefer having as few friends as possible, I find that outside of my family unit I crave very little (if any) human contact.

I think the definition of "lonely" is different for me. I get lonely for being alone LOL.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 8:52 am

Yes. I'm quite content being alone. I have no friends and no plans to make any.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 9:25 am

I`m greatly happy alone. But I still need some socialization once in a while. I get lonely. D:

sixis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2011, 10:19 am

At work I keep to myself as much as possible. Outside of work I have zero friends, and for the most part enjoy the solitude. My interests are all solitary activities anyway (reading, taking walks, totally immersing myself in music or a movie, etc.), so friends aren't something I feel a need for. Having anyone around would just be a distraction.

Sometimes I am a bit saddened at not having anyone to share experiences with. But noting how difficult and energy-draining it is for me to initiate and maintain any sort of relationship with others reminds me that I am more contented being alone.

At best, all I can say is that I wish I wanted friends more than I actually do. At least I'd feel more like a regular Earthling. That said, I'm not willing to betray my true nature, which is to be a loner at heart, in order to fit in. To do so would create inner conflicts I'd rather not deal with.

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2011, 11:19 am

I used to be so happy all by myself and had only limited desire to be with people. Then I met another Aspie who absolutely captivated my thoughts (and caused me to realize that I was an Aspie too). I was never able to get him to communicate with me though, although he seemed equally as captivted by me. Now all I can think of is being with people who might not shun me and this leaves me feeelng so lonely because as an Aspie I simply can't get there from here. I was better off the way I used to be.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

02 Jul 2011, 11:28 am

mb1984 wrote:
I actually find that I feel more lonely when I am surrounded by people. I feel more like an outsider, or like I don't belong.

I am most content when I am alone. I prefer having as few friends as possible, I find that outside of my family unit I crave very little (if any) human contact.

I think the definition of "lonely" is different for me. I get lonely for being alone LOL.

Same for me.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 11:32 am

The only time I am happy is when I am alone and lost into a video game.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jul 2011, 11:33 am

I was happiest alone & wanted to be alone for the 1st 20 years of my life but I met a girl who i really connected with & got close to & I've been unhappy alone ever sense but I'm unhappy round others as well because we cant relate, get along well ect

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

FearOfMusic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 12:24 pm

I am quite happy when I am alone. My parents always seem to think that being alone means I am unhappy, but really its almost the opposite. I do have the desire to have friends and communicate with people, though I think that desire is much lower than it is for most. In theory having more friends, socializing, etc seems like a good idea but in practice it is just stressful and exhausting. I guess the level of social interaction I have now is about the amount that I need... I always try to have a friend or two but I don't want a group of friends.

Icyclan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jul 2011, 1:00 pm

Most people make me want to strangle them when I'm forced to spend more than two minutes in their vicinity, so yes.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 3:01 pm

I have three "true" friends; two of them are gazillions of miles away (one, I've never even met, but she's my BFF and so NOT just an internet friend!). I have a handful of friends over the internet too. I don't want any more friends, no way, but I also do need people. I don't like to sit by myself in my apartment all the time. Just like I like to go out but struggle because of my panic attacks, I want to have friends but don't quite know how. Autism isn't equivalent to desiring social isolation, at least not for everyone.