Page 1 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 1:48 pm

This reminds me of a youtube video called Asperger's Jack and he was a jerk in it. He disrespected his mother badly. Cursing at her for one.

I was pretty bad in my teens in high school for a bit.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 1:56 pm

My dad.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 2:06 pm

My dad has traits but he says pretty mean things and doesn't seem to understand why it upset my mother so much so he thinks her feelings don't really matter. My mom says he is a jerk and an as*hole. Then other times he is caring and loving.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 3:04 pm

Yeah, but most NT in the ass hole catagory are far worse, in my experiance. This one I met online recently is hard to tell, because her method was un-original to a tee. She just suddenly got rude and calling me an offensive name suddenly, and all I did was mention why I felt that a game file should be removed. :/

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 3:28 pm

League_Girl wrote:
This reminds me of a youtube video called Asperger's Jack and he was a jerk in it. He disrespected his mother badly. Cursing at her for one.

I've seen that before; it was uncalled for.

People probably think that I am one sometimes, yet at other times they say I'm really kind.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 3:53 pm

I think I am one of them. My parents say I was mean even as a baby and that not being able to feel empathy is probably just an excuse for autistic kids to be mean. I had zero theroy of mind as a child but maybe that is just an excuse as well. I don't know.

If someone is mean to me or insults me or something I love, I will not hesitate to be mean back.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 5:57 pm

PunkyKat wrote:

If someone is mean to me or insults me or something I love, I will not hesitate to be mean back.

I'm the same way. If you're nice to me, I'll respect you. If you're mean or think I'm a bad person, I'll reciprocate my feelings back to you.

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 5:57 pm

Punkykat, for what it's worth, you don't seem like an a-hole. :)

I was interested in this topic. My Dad is .. well, I find him really hard to figure out.

Sometimes, I really would say he is one (topic ref)

Other times, it is clear that he does actually care. I don't have a problem with that, and I wouldn't have a problem with some of his behaviours, if I thought they were just aspie behaviours.
The kind of stuff I'm talking about, is, well, for instance, for a long time he hasn't really spoken to me. I mean, he won't even necessarily answer me if I ask a direct question.
He also has violent meltdowns/rages. I'm 99% sure that he has undiagnosed auditory processing disorder, and can't necessarily control the rages. Yet, at the same time, it doesn't make it ok to have them, and take it out on others.
I have experienced selctive mutism throught my life, and I do see this trait in my Dad also. But.. then I can't think of a time that I would not respond to a direct question without some kind of acknowledgement (at least), if not an explanation or response.
In many ways, he does do all the 'right things' as a Dad, so I'm not out to scapegoat, or whatever.

It's just something I need to figure about a bit more.

Interesting topic

A Thursday child ..

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 6:07 pm

I was often acussed of being rude as a child and even as an adult people sometimes think I am rude but I have no idea I sounded rude. I'm not excusing myself because sometimes I have been downright nasty and was fully aware I was being nasty but it was usually because the person who the rudeness was directed at had been mean or rude to me before, even if not at that momment. But most of the time I was considered rude, I had no idea I was being that way.

As an adult I try to be nice and only be rude and nasty if someone targets me first but for the most part I try to abide Thumper's mother's policy, "If you can't say anything nice, than don't say anthing at all." This applies on the internet as well unless someone asks me about their picture or video than I point out what I do like even if it is just one minuscule deail they they probably overlooked.

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 6:15 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
I was often acussed of being rude as a child and even as an adult people sometimes think I am rude but I have no idea I sounded rude. I'm not excusing myself because sometimes I have been downright nasty and was fully aware I was being nasty but it was usually because the person who the rudeness was directed at had been mean or rude to me before, even if not at that momment. But most of the time I was considered rude, I had no idea I was being that way.

As an adult I try to be nice and only be rude and nasty if someone targets me first but for the most part I try to abide Thumper's mother's policy, "If you can't say anything nice, than don't say anthing at all." This applies on the internet as well unless someone asks me about their picture or video than I point out what I do like even if it is just one minuscule deail they they probably overlooked.

Yeh, every now and again I can be like that too. If someone makes me mad, and I respond, it's not so pretty. But, I'm never like that any other time.

It can be nasty, but for me I see it as a lack of the ability to moderate more than anything else. Although it's good to be conscious of the fact that we can sound a little harsh at times, I still think that's different to being an a-hole.
And, the thing is, your propensity to be really honest will be appreciated by some. I have friends who think it's awesome when I'm really honest (took me a while to find some of them, but they're there). :)

A Thursday child ..

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 9:10 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
or insults me or something I love, I will not hesitate to be mean back.

You mean, if they have an extreme difference of opinion, you get rude with them? That's real mature.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 9:15 pm

Rynessa wrote:
I think the whole "using your condition" issue happens with every condition.
I once knew an absolute witch (not the wiccan kind) who had ADHD. She was a lying, manipulative, two-faced waste of breath who caused trouble wherever she went. Of course, whenever she was called out on it, she would blame ADHD. And this was an adult, btw. I have not seen her in +10 years, and she remains my least favorite person on earth.

See, this is the kinda thing I despise. As if ADHD means could possibly excuse such behavior.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 9:20 pm

I've noticed people who weren't being very nice before, but I guess they're not always that way.

I guess it could easily be me as well. I have been told so many times "you don't say things like that to people!". Oblivious might be a better term because I wasn't trying to be mean.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 9:39 pm

To clarify things, I don't think that anybody in this thread is an as*hole aspie. I'm talking about completely different members.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 12:09 am

I might as well be considered one, for how I am on here, as well as the fact I constantly think of cruel ways to end lives >_>

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

opal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 1:07 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Rynessa wrote:
I think the whole "using your condition" issue happens with every condition.
I once knew an absolute witch (not the wiccan kind) who had ADHD. She was a lying, manipulative, two-faced waste of breath who caused trouble wherever she went. Of course, whenever she was called out on it, she would blame ADHD. And this was an adult, btw. I have not seen her in +10 years, and she remains my least favorite person on earth.

See, this is the kinda thing I despise. As if ADHD means could possibly excuse such behavior.

Sounds similar to a bipolar guy who "worked" at the same company as me. He delegated all his work ,bullied any one he could, lied, manipulated and kissed a$$ with management, but they protected him. Everyone knew he was a waste of oxygen but he was allowed to get away with it, partly because hewas a "creative" :roll: bipolar person, whothought differently to others :roll: , and partly because he knew whoose a$$ to kiss