DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 5:54 am

League_Girl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
brassholes come in all varieties.

What's a brasshole?

brasshole = someone with rank in the military who is an as*hole.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

mikey1138
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Oct 2010, 3:05 pm

DemonAbyss10, are you in the military? If so, please see my other thread under General Autism Discussions.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 6:47 pm

Surely not as bad as a @ NT, though what would I know I'm no authority on the matter having only been to one asd meet up and since I was mentally ill at that time it was hard to access I think they where OK may be give it another go perhaps. :?

In keeping with my metaphor NT"s are like a chocolate box all sorts as in your never going to know what your going to get inside does it apply to aspies are you going to get what you see, do you get nasty surprises at a later date (assuming their pure aspie and not co morbid with other conditions?)

I'm a alone and a to mellow keep to myself aspie does that make me an @ ?

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 7:44 pm

mikey1138 wrote:
DemonAbyss10, are you in the military? If so, please see my other thread under General Autism Discussions.

Ive lived on military bases as a child/teenager. I am not in the military though. but yeah, regardless, I will check it since I do know military related stuff.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 11:45 pm

League_Girl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

What's a brasshole?

brassholes are not just in the military, although i encountered plenty there for sure. brass is a term for the high muckety-mucks, the bosses in the world who lord it over you and me, or at least me. a brass who is poorly wiped is a brasshole, IMHO.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 1:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

What's a brasshole?

brassholes are not just in the military, although i encountered plenty there for sure. brass is a term for the high muckety-mucks, the bosses in the world who lord it over you and me, or at least me. a brass who is poorly wiped is a brasshole, IMHO.

Or insecure Type A personalities that think if they throw their weight around, people will mistake it for confidence.

splendidisolation
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Oct 2010, 1:06 pm

"as*holes" can be everywhere, has nothing to do with autism.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 1:34 pm

You know, it's perfectly understandable to me to see many reactions to the effect that being an A-hole has nothing to do with Autism, but in some ways, I actually disagree.

I do agree that anyone, no matter what conditions they may or may not have, can be an A-hole. I'm not disputing that.

But Autism can, and I believe does sometimes, affect why and HOW one might become one, even if it wasn't originally in your nature as a young child.

I'll admit sometimes I can be a real JERK. But I really don't mean to be. Most of the time, when I am a jerk, I don't realize I'm being one until after the fact. Usually once I've been told by others that I'm being one. Sometimes attempts at smoothing things over only makes the matter even worse.

I do try not to use AS as the "excuse" for it all, but the truth is, almost all of the time, it IS the reason behind it. In part because of my limited ability to communicate effectively with others, and in part indirectly to delayed reaction to years of perceived and/or real abuse from others, probably due to the fact that AS makes me different from them, and those "others" never understood that difference. Heck, even I didn't understand it for most of my life.

I don't look for fault or blame anymore though. It's just not worth it. I just try to deal with each problem as it comes, and whenever trouble does arise, try to figure out what went wrong, and whether or not things can be smoothed over, even if it means apologizing no without knowing or caring if any fault can be found. Sometimes it just doesn't matter whether it was my fault, their fault, or just fallout from my having AS. Results are what matters. Apologizing isn't admitting fault. It's just a way of alleviating tension. Most of the time it works, sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't do much good to dwell on it when it doesn't.

So, yeah, when you ask if I know any A-hole Aspies, my answer is "Yes."

ME! :oops:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 2:51 pm

boosterjones wrote:
I'm just posting this as I've wondered if anyone else here has ever met or known what I call an 'as*hole Aspie'?

I'm sad to say that I've known a few!! !! !

Sure it's true that you'll find as*holes anywhere you go, but in the case of 'as*hole Aspies' this can become a problem as they (or there staff/parents as many of them will have them) will just say "He/she has issues of his/her own!" (i.e. "This person has AS so they can do whatever they wish")

There are many on the net that I have read about ('Chrischan' is one that springs to mind at the moment) and I've known a far few in person, of whom I'd go and make their lives hell in order to teach them a lesson!

Sometimes it worked, other times I'd just get them into bother with police so that their staff would not be able to defend them.

I'm not having a go at anyone (unless they are as*holes themselves) but I'm sure that many of you have met such people...

Goodbye Till Next Time

I think anyone can be a jerk from time to time, including myself.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 7:36 pm

No they do not exist apparently aspie men are all nice have you not seen the million + 1 "nice guys finishing last thread. "

Apparently aspie women are incredibly sweet a highly intelligent yet navive 5 year old child.

Since I trust no one I do not believe the play actor nor the film critic.

This "nice" bs should be kept to yourself people who yell this %^it from the roof tops remind me of the crazy carpet guy warehouse guy sirens going red light flashing , I ain't buying it, if it was a genuine sale you would not have to go to such lengths for a sale would you?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 7:44 pm

Do I count as one of the 'as*holes'? If I don't, I'd be a bit disappointed. ;)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 7:46 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
My friend who is also an aspie is an English teacher and he has a tendency to come off as a bit of a smartass to his students. However I doubt he would say that it's attributed to his AS. It's just in his personal nature.

If anything the worse kind of people I have to deal with are people who use their intellect as some kind of grand holy pedestal for themselves regardless of whether they're NT or an autie. They'll be quick to close off any other view or personalities as being stupid while they believe their personality or beliefs makes them more intellectually superior to others and some will really get nasty about it in your face too. Me being a girl I have to deal with this kind of stuff from guys all the time...especially those that dont have a lot of self esteem and thus use their intelligence as a crutch to hit people (especially girls) with.

They should try religion they should fit right in .

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 7:48 pm

Why would you be nice to some one what ever do you hope to get out of it?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 7:53 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
Why would you be nice to some one what ever do you hope to get out of it?

that's never the reason to be nice to someone. doing the right thing for the right reasons (altruistically) is a reward in itself.

i don't get why you care so much for animals and so little for people.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 8:17 pm

^^^^^

So if they are rewarded they get something out of of it ? duss making the act not truly altruistic right? But that's OK in my eyes it's a win/win all round I suppose ?

I just want to be left alone.

Why I have little care for people you ask if you'd been through what I have you'd have similar views to I,

Anyway I take a bottom up approach to the matter forget who quoted it " as long as their a slaughterhouses their will be killing fields."

I've said "no" to the slaughter houses more people should do likewise, theirs never been a vegan who sent men to war though sadly :cry: their are not many in politics who are (president of Slovenia comes to mind) and of cause Dennis Kucnich who's a cry baby liberal apparently ? and a few here in Australia :D all are "no " to war .

And no Hitler was not vegetrian :P