Does anyone else LOVE really long hot showers?

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 4:09 pm

Not me, but my non-AS spouse loves hot showers.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Oct 2010, 4:21 pm

i just got done with a session, :geek:

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 4:23 pm

Does the damp feeling afterward bother anyone else?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Oct 2010, 4:30 pm

no because usually i dry off with a nice fluffy towle! :pig:

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 4:40 pm

well, I dry off too :lol: . I'm not a fan of that whole drying off process and still I'm a little damp for a littler bit after. Maybe I'd be better off if I bought higher quality towels. Who knows, not a huge deal. I was just curious.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 4:44 pm

I love them!

I actually love just standing there, and letting the stream hit the area of my back near my neck. It's just so incredibly relaxing, cause that's where the stress/anxiety usually build up the most. It just feels so incredible; I love cranking it up too....feels just so great :)

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 4:49 pm

Almost everyone I know + me. Seems quite normal, but dangerous actually. I once collaspe because of hot water.

chuninabun
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Oct 2010, 4:56 pm

feel the same way jedi, but i love showers.

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 5:39 pm

I used to love it at mum's because she has high pressure and a cold house. Now I live on my own and I keep the house warm so when I have a hot shower it's not so "special", plus my place doesn't have high pressure.

Last edited by Pobodys_Nerfect on 30 Oct 2010, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 5:57 pm

Hot showers? YESSS! 8)

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 6:00 pm

I do not like showers at all; I cannot stand the feeling of the water hitting my skin. I do, however, love hot baths, and I take 2-3 per day. I share a bathroom with 3-4 other guys, so length and frequency is not what I wish. I love laying with my ears or head underwater; total immersion is the best. If I could live in a hot bath, I would. Sometimes it is the only thing that gets me calm and controlled.

Maolcolm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2010, 6:12 pm

No, I don't like showers.

I takes ages to psych myself up to have one and I drag thing thing out for ages because I don't want to do it. I really hate the feel of the water on my skin and face and am not too fond of the sound either. My family always used to think I loved them because I was in the shower so long. But really, I hated the sensation when I moved about in the shower (to wash) so I'd usually stand there for ten minutes motionless, getting used to the feeling on one part of my skin, before I psyched myself up to move around to wash, which I'd then get over as quickly as possible.

I'd take baths but then I get a weird prickly and dry feeling afterwards which drives me crazy.

I don't like the whole deal. LOL.

bggallag

30 Oct 2010, 7:07 pm

Yay! Just like me. I was trying to explain this to someone the other day and he was teasing me and he said "so you basically like a hot shower like most of us?" I was trying to explain just how hot I like it, like red skin hot.

A social for Annapolis, MD area adults with Asperger's. The social meets on the last Friday of the month. (21 years of age and older). Cards & board games &snacks. More info on fb page. http://www.facebook.com/Annapolis.Adults.Aspergers

FJP
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Oct 2010, 7:14 pm

I love both hot showers and baths. If I can't do a whole shower or bath, I sit on the bathroom counter and soke my feet in the sink. I have done this since I was a kid. Hot water = Heaven :D

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 7:19 pm

carly10 wrote:
I Have to have a shower every day, sometimes even two or three if im really stressed. I love the feeling of the water and would live in the shower if I could! I always sit down or lie in the shower which I am not sure if this is normal. It has to be really hot so it makes my skin red and i make it hotter and hotter. I can stay in the shower for up to two hours and sometimes fallen asleep when i am ill or tired.
I do this because it is the only place i can think clearly with only the noise of the water and usually with the light off. It calms me down, and helps me make decisions big and little and always makes me physically and mentally feel better. I usually have to use an alarm to get out or i will stay there all day!
Is this something to do with having Aspergers and/or ADHD? and does anyone else do this?

I've gotten in the habit of taking one long, hot shower a day. I used to sit and lie down in the shower to feel the warm water all over me but now I just stand because my bathtub is over thirty years old and I don't want to sit in it. You might want to watch how hot the shower gets. I used to feel like fainting when I let the water get so hot it made my skin red and a friend told me it's not good to let the shower get that hot. I thought I couldn't get accustomed to cooler water, but I did manage. know what you mean about showers. They are so relaxing and in the winter when it's cold outside, they warm you up.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Oct 2010, 7:19 pm

I do not like hot showers. I prefer cool showers. I find the hot water spraying on me painful and quite uncomfortable. When I was younger I usually took baths rather than showers, and I preferred warm to hot water.