My father dosent know about AS and always calls me stupid

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Corp900
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2010, 4:28 pm

Hes called me stupid and a pig many times, he also says idiot. Mostly tho..

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO STUPID!"
"YOUR A LIAR"

"IM GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS"<- on rare ocassions he says that

I feel sorry for him, that the universe choose me to be his son, I wish the universe had given him a better son, an NT son, when I was a spearm, i dont know why I had to swim faster then my other million NT brothers and sisters, why, why why.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 4:31 pm

Corp900 wrote:
I feel sorry for him, that the universe choose me to be his son, I wish the universe had given him a better son, an NT son, when I was a spearm, i dont know why I had to swim faster then my other million NT brothers and sisters, why, why why.

All the NT sperm were busy chit chatting while you were focused on the task at hand with laser like intensity. Now they're all dead and you're still here. Looks like you won.

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2010, 4:33 pm

You must be having a rough day huh? It may be hard to deal with it, but just keep pushing through, try to make him understand somehow. Also, it sounds like he is the one that needs help, you haven't done anything wrong (although you didn't really tell us why he says those things). Attitudes like that are not healthy.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 4:34 pm

Your dad sounds psychologically and emotionally abusive.

Corp900
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2010, 4:35 pm

Coldkick wrote:
You must be having a rough day huh? It may be hard to deal with it, but just keep pushing through, try to make him understand somehow. Also, it sounds like he is the one that needs help, you haven't done anything wrong (although you didn't really tell us why he says those things). Attitudes like that are not healthy.

hes a very social guy. with everyone, so i cant escape him, im living with him, im under his authority, he calls me boy.

FluffyDog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 5:22 pm

You are NOT at fault for having Asperger's. Having Asperger's does NOT make you stupid. Try to keep this in mind.

I know that Aspies can appear stupid to NTs; I do have those moments myself when my family just looks at me and i know they are trying to figure out what is going on inside of me. Still, that does not make them "right" and me "wrong".

I know it is hard, but try not to let your father's attitude get to you too much. It sure hurts when the people around you say things like that, but I reckon that your father just doesn't understand you. If your relationship to him is good enough that he will hear you out, I would suggest trying to explain things to him. Not neccessarily about Asperger's, but about how you DID think beforehand about what you where doing. It did not really work with my family, but it may be worth a shot.
If your relationship with your father is uneasy though, it might be better not to try this tactic.

What about your mother, siblings, other family members, mutual friends of yours and your father's? Is there anyone who could help with the situation?
When I had my coming out about being bisexual, I told my favourite aunt. She did not get involved in my actual talks to my parents, but just knowing I could fall back on her for support was a great help for me.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 5:24 pm

Actually, it does sound like your dad is either abusive or needs to do some reading... I'm hoping it is the latter.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

02 Nov 2010, 5:26 pm

uh. :pig: s are cute, and also you are not stupid!

you need to be adopted into a nice family and move the heck out of that awful place!

:( :twisted:

momsparky
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 7:46 pm

Corp - you are not broken, just different. I am very sorry you are having trouble at home, but don't take it out on yourself; it's your father's responsibility to understand you and help you. Unfortunately, sometimes parents just aren't able to do what their kids need them to do. I made it, though - you can, too. Make sure you have some support - a teacher, counselor, sibling; someone you can trust.

wavefreak58 wrote:
All the NT sperm were busy chit chatting while you were focused on the task at hand with laser like intensity. Now they're all dead and you're still here. Looks like you won.

:lol: Wavefreak you need to come clean off my monitor!

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

02 Nov 2010, 8:02 pm

momsparky wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

:lol: Wavefreak you need to come clean off my monitor!
:pig: !

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 11:54 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Corp900 wrote:

:lmao:

ProfessorCrow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2010, 12:57 am

Mdyar wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
Corp900 wrote:

:lmao:

This needs to be written somewhere important and immortalized.

-Crow

violetchild
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2010, 1:38 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
Corp900 wrote:

That reply is the funniest thing Ive heard in a long time!! !

To the original poster.. your father sounds like he's being abusive to me and affecting your confidence etc.

You arent stupid, just different to him ... and if he cant understand that everyone has their own different ways of thinking etc... he's the stupid one.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 3:19 am

Corp900 wrote:
Hes called me stupid and a pig many times, he also says idiot. Mostly tho..

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO STUPID!"
"YOUR A LIAR"

"IM GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS"<- on rare ocassions he says that

Well thats funny because I was driving around today, feeling sorry for my son and guilty what with the dodgy Genes I have passed onto him and/or environmental factors that have given him Autism.
People say you the parents can't blame themselves, but I do, I sure as hell can't blame my son, he's the completely innocent party.

claudia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Nov 2010, 4:31 am

Are you sure your father doesn't know AS?
Maybe he doesn't want to know.
You are not alone anyway. My father also called me stupid and still does today. I was the daughter I dream to have and likely I'll never have.
I was polite, hard-working, kind, I never caused any problem. I had social problems due to an aspie trait but it was my fault, obviously.
After university I found a job and started to live on my own.
That behaviour maybe not related to AS, some parents aren't proud about their children anyway.
I have a son diagnosed in the spectrum... he says that I'm overdoing and that it's not true...