Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you ever have the urge to go hunting and the likes, even though you never done that before?
Yea 60%  60%  [ 12 ]
Nea 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 20

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:15 pm

Hello Everyone,

Do any of you ever have the urge to go hunting, fighting, climb the highest mountain or anything similiar?... But you don't know why?

I have it from time to time, even though I really don't know why. As my previous thread about Neanderthals link! with the poll: Do you regularly feel like a wild beast?, I answered yes.

I guess I do feel primal as time and occassion allow it, but do any of you?

Ofcourse the experience may differ between male and female, so I'd like to hear more from the ladies about that, if you please 8).

Cheerfully,
Wallourdes

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:18 pm

Yeah. With me, it's more like an urge to ritually sacrifice people. 8O

Joking - sort of. :twisted:

I get the urge to make stuff from twigs and gather berries. That might be because I did that as a child a lot.

Last edited by puddingmouse on 04 Nov 2010, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:24 pm

I like natural environments better than man made. Does that count?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:27 pm

Nope.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:40 pm

I'd like to get freaky in the bushes at some point, does that count?

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:42 pm

What about worshipping the moon, animals, rocks and trees? Even though I'm not a pantheist. I just believe paganism is hardwired into me.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:48 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
What about worshipping the moon, animals, rocks and trees? Even though I'm not a pantheist. I just believe paganism is hardwired into me.

You sound a lot like my druid friend. She runs around fields with sticks while shouting to wake them up in the morning.

I have few friends, but the ones I do have are awesome :P

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:58 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
I like natural environments better than man made. Does that count?

I guess so, it's pretty primal as it goes :)

Asp-Z wrote:
Nope.

Yep :P

Lecks wrote:
I'd like to get freaky in the bushes at some point, does that count?

Yes it does, 'get freaky' gives me as a man gets obvious thoughs to mind, but do extrapolate if it's something else.

puddingmouse wrote:

paganism is primal in my book.

I think I need to clarify primal, dictionary incoming!

pri·mal

 /ˈpraɪməl/ Show Spelled[prahy-muhl] Show IPA
–adjective
1. first; original; primeval: primal eras before the appearance of life on earth.
2. of first importance; fundamental: the primal resources of a nation.

Basicly what I mean is, you feel close to nature and just like a animal from time to time.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 4:07 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Do any of you ever have the urge to go hunting, fighting, climb the highest mountain or anything similiar?... But you don't know why?

I have it from time to time, even though I really don't know why. As my previous thread about Neanderthals link! with the poll: Do you regularly feel like a wild beast?, I answered yes.

Ofcourse the experience may differ between male and female, so I'd like to hear more from the ladies about that, if you please 8).

Cheerfully,
Wallourdes

Feeling primal = being human.

We are all descended from aggressive primates.

ruveyn

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 4:12 pm

When I was a teenager I became obsessed with coonhunting after reading Where The Red Fern Grows and Summer of the Monkeys. From then on I obsessed about dogs and moving out into the woods. I would even study maps out of these two enclopedia map type books we had, looking over topography, climate, wether the trees were predominantly deciduous or coniferous. I especially looked at population stats so I could move far away from people and mainly be with my dogs playing in the woods. I also wanted a horse and a cow.

I also had a dog book, which my mom bought me, and I continually looked through it.

I didn't really like the idea of the killing part. But I had to be able to live of the land and I would often think about these desires, But not the actual end of the hunt part. It was mostly imagining playing with my dogs.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 4:27 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Cheerfully,
Wallourdes

ruveyn

Watch out! there might be creationists wandering in the Tulgy Woods, bringing Intelligent Design along! :P

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 4:30 pm

Jediscraps wrote:
When I was a teenager I became obsessed with coonhunting after reading Where The Red Fern Grows and Summer of the Monkeys. From then on I obsessed about dogs and moving out into the woods. I would even study maps out of these two enclopedia map type books we had, looking over topography, climate, wether the trees were predominantly deciduous or coniferous. I especially looked at population stats so I could move far away from people and mainly be with my dogs playing in the woods. I also wanted a horse and a cow.

I also had a dog book, which my mom bought me, and I continually looked through it.

I didn't really like the idea of the killing part. But I had to be able to live of the land and I would often think about these desires, But not the actual end of the hunt part. It was mostly imagining playing with my dogs.

It's all about the hunt, not the kill for me I guess - it just spoils it.

Sounds fun to do some time, living that fantasy. but yes reality kicks in after a while I guess - survival begins.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 6:51 pm

Hhhhm, does having the urge to wack someone I hate on the head with a hammer and then blast them to smithereens with dynamite count? Because I have met people before that have made me feel that way, I'd say that would be a primal urge, the urge to destroy those you detest. But of course, being the social beings we are (humans in general) we usually don't go around murdering every annoying person we come across.

About the closer to nature question. Because I am absolutely bonkers about evolution and how different animals are related to one another I'm always spotting things people do that amuse me, because they are similar if not the same things our relatives do. Or when someone goes on about how civilised people are then at the same time being all animal-ish and not even realising it. Head lice outbreaks in primary schools are the most amusing, because chances are the kids inflicted have to lie on their mum's knees for hours on end while their she messes with their hair.

Edit: I can't stop editing my posts.

Last edited by MONKEY on 04 Nov 2010, 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 6:57 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Hhhhm, does having the urge to wack someone I hate on the head with a hammer and then blast them to smithereens with dynamite count? Because I have met people before that have made me feel that way, I'd say that would be a primal urge, the urge to destroy those you detest.

Everything that comes naturally, including impulses are urges - a feeling you need to do. Luckely your social concience prevents you from doing so in this case :wink:.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 9:46 pm

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Oh no, not me. I am from a planet called Ninjatonia.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 9:49 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Hi.

Quote:

Yes. Yes, I know why.
Quote:

Not reallly.

Quote:

Yes

Quote:

Oops

But I answered it all now.

Sod it.