Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

just-lou
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2010, 5:06 am

I think there are different considerations for different people. I have one close friend, who happens to be 76 years old and too old for any stupidity. I am also extremely mistrustful, and this friend has had 24 years to gain my trust. I don't mind co-workers, associates from interest groups who have common interests to me, but I dislike "friendships" based on nothing more than social interaction. For me, there has to be a point. A purpose to associate with someone. If there isn't, then it feels like a waste of time. I'm one of those people who doesn't feel as much as normal people apparently do, so that may be a part of it as well.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 10:11 pm

If you can't appreciate humans or their emotions whatever do you hope to get out of it ?

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jun 2011, 4:27 pm

I have always been the type of person that can have only one close friend at a time. I can't concentrate on more than that. I can have another one or two aquaintances, but that's it. I've become more reclusive since getting married, because my husband is my best friend. I need very little human contact outside of my family, so other socializing has become more difficult.

I find it extremely hard to find people who are like me, or who would even be comfortable being around "the real me".

I really prefer when I have fewer people that I have to see, or phone, or pretend to "Care" about. I'm really quite happy in my own little bubble, it's only when I step outside it that I start having problems. My family doesn't notice my weirdness, or stimming, or clothes...or just the fact that I am Different.

Thank God for my family.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 7:41 pm

I would definitely agree with this...and I know that the more popular one is, the more you will experience conflicts with people simply because you know more of them, and you are more likely to get involved.

Maturity also plays a factor too...usually by college it fizzles out, but there are certian types of immature people who like it to go on and on. A former close friend of mine that I knew was like this...keyword former because I couldn't put up with her crap. Everyone who has friends gets involved in conflicts from time to time...it's all about who you hang around with that determines the degree of them.

Sometimes, others with AS envy me for forming relationships with NTs. It's fun, but sometimes it can be hard work when you are caught up in their drama...especially if it does not involve you. For example: I currently have two good friends who I both like very much. The problem is that they had a huge falling out about a year ago and are now enemies. Last week, friend A told me that friend B hated me and said B called me a whore...but at the same time she may be making me try to hate B. Ugh! I hate getting involved in stuff like this! Cant everyone get along!?

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.