Do you wish you were never born? Do you think about suicide

Page 1 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you wish you were never born and/or think about suicide?
yes, often. 58%  58%  [ 138 ]
no (or seldom) 42%  42%  [ 101 ]
Total votes : 239

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2010, 12:49 pm

Yes, every day.

TheAvenger
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2010, 9:45 am

Yes, everyday now for the past 12 years. Im 34 and I just hate this world that we live in, where people like me cant get a girlfriend, but you get some average NT type prick who just comes out with the same s**t to every girl he meets and like fools the girls fall for it only to find a month or two down the line that they are getting cheated on and beaten. Why do girls like this kind of behaviour? Are they thick or something?

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Nov 2010, 3:39 pm

I'm trying to think more positive, but I still have thoughts about suicide everyday pretty much.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Nov 2010, 4:28 pm

I am happy with life and enjoy my family. I have so much to be thankful for. And I am thankful to have Asperger's because it has made my life fun and interesting. But I do admit to some low points in the past.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 6:42 pm

I've had some pretty low points in the past where I've contemplated and even attempted suicide. They were due to mental illness without medication (or skipping doses of medication) and unfavorable living situations.

However, I'm at a very good point in my life right now and I'm highly contented and happy. My mom calls periods of time where nothing bad happens a "season of rest". Right now my family and I are having a "season of rest" and I hope that it will last for at least another couple of years.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 6:47 pm

Most of the time no, but if I'm in a certain meltdown/breakdown mode triggered by a certain stimuli, then yes.

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2010, 6:48 pm

Yes, I have thought about it; but we must remember that so many of these negative thoughts are associated with depression, and/or chemical imbalances in the brain that make you think and feel that way. It can be a vicious cycle that is hard to break.

greenheron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Nov 2010, 7:29 pm

No, because there is a great deal of cowardice within me when it comes to certain things (not everything), and one of those things is the survival of my consciousness beyond the event we call "death." I am unconvinced that we survive, and the prospect of personal annihilation terrifies me. If I were convinced of the survival hypothesis, I believe I would have taken Final Exit a few times. There have been times when at bedtime I have said to the S.F., aka God, or the Supreme Fascist, I do not care whether I survive the night and awaken in the morning. But the S.F. didn't want me any more than I wanted Him.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 7:56 pm

lotusblossom wrote:
Since I was about 11, I have strongly wanted to die and wished I had never exisited. Ive tried to kill myself a few times. I ve found thinking about suicide a big burden in my life and felt very sad about not fitting in with life and not being able to do life.

However over the last month Ive actually felt pretty great, despite having quite a lot of bad life problems (relationship break up, probs with profesionals and probs with my kids). I read a confidence hypnotism book and cd and a healthy eating one by the same author (marisa peer) and its really lifted my spirits. When things have gone wrong for me socially Ive not felt so bad as I did before and feel much more resilient and generally happy. Ive been exercising a lot and it leaves me feeling buzzed and joyful where as before I felt exhausted after exercise. Its the first time I can remember that Ive not felt the need to binge or smoke to deal with my problems and feel relaxed and light.

I feel now that I want to live and get every inch of life even if there is suffering, I want to eperience it and have life.

very odd eh.
That book sounds interesting, thanks for sharing that information Lotus.

IdahoRose wrote:
I've had some pretty low points in the past where I've contemplated and even attempted suicide. They were due to mental illness without medication (or skipping doses of medication) and unfavorable living situations.

However, I'm at a very good point in my life right now and I'm highly contented and happy. My mom calls periods of time where nothing bad happens a "season of rest". Right now my family and I are having a "season of rest" and I hope that it will last for at least another couple of years.

That's a beautiful way to describe it.

You both are wonderful good people and I'm happy you are still here with us.

I have never wished I wasn't born, but I have wished I wasn't born to my family. I would be lying if I said, I have never considered suicide. I have decided if I am ever in a situation where the physical or emotional pain was so severe and I had nothing to stop it, I will then try to kill myself instead of suffering.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

ChrisVulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2010, 10:49 pm

I have been depressed before and still occassionally have feelings of hopelessness, but I've never committed suicide. My aunt committed suicide when I was a teenager, and I think that's part of why I've never had suicidal thoughts. I just found the idea too off-putting.

Watch Doctor Who!

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 12:22 am

ChrisVulcan wrote:
but I've never committed suicide.

Hmmmm..... Food for thought. (i get what you mean though)

Yes i do have constant wants to kill myself, just no means though. I actually like my 2 possible plans quite a lot, they are pretty much the same thing except one of them they will never find my body.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 12:26 am

I'm happy to be alive. :D

Lemmiwinks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Nov 2010, 2:20 am

eh sometimes.

1. If life gives you poop......make poop juice.
2. Living in a Dystopian Future - right now.

ChrisVulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2010, 12:37 pm

MXH wrote:
Hmmmm..... Food for thought. (i get what you mean though)

Oops :oops: I don't always express myself clearly when I'm tired

Watch Doctor Who!

7Theresa
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Nov 2010, 11:40 am

I'm shocked how many responses were made to this thread. My best wishes, I hope that your life will get better - I will pray for you.

Theresa

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:44 am

if i was not born, then i could not wish i was not born.
wishing you were not born is better than never being born and having no choice.