Handwriting anyone? Inconsistent or just plain bad?

Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

matsev
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

My handwriting is very inconsistent. Some days people comment on how good it is (rare) and other days people can barely read it. I also have a tendency to write capitals in the center of words without being aware of it. Is this typical of autism, or could it be something else like dyslexia?

-Mat

Mephistopheles
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Mar 2012, 4:26 pm

My handwriting is so bad i actually have a problem reading it myself sometimes :p
Its a good thing i tend to remember what i wrote.No matter how much i try, i can't seem to be able to "fix" it.

Last edited by Mephistopheles on 08 Mar 2012, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 4:30 pm

My handwriting is consistently horrible. I'm embarrassed by it.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

Hanibal94
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Mar 2012, 4:34 pm

Mine's always been kinda bad. It took forever for me to learn joined - up writing.
It's gotten better recently, though. Yesterday, I found some old junk from 5 years ago and had trouble reading my own notes.

tuffy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Mar 2012, 4:44 pm

If I'm relaxed and there's no stress, my handwriting is nice. But at other times like when I have to take notes, I have trouble reading it.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 4:49 pm

[img][800:723]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x363/OJani/irasminta.jpg[/img]
My handwriting is consistently horrible. I can write more readable if I want, but it'd take more time and effort. I can only write cursive.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 5:16 pm

My handwriting is terrible. It is a strange mix of print and cursive. I taught myself calligraphy, and I can do that well, but that has not improved my daily handwriting, not to mention calligraphy takes several hours. A short poem will take me about an hour to and hour and a half to just write the words, but before that I have to lightly sketch out the grid lines, and then there is the drawing and inking of the background (because calligraphy is incomplete without a background. And even after several years of working on it, the only script that I am good at is a block script.
But after more than ten years of working on calligraphy my daily writing is still mostly illegible (even to me, but once I write something down, I generally remember what I wrote).

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 5:20 pm

Diabolical. Atrocious. Beyond awful.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 5:23 pm

My handwriting has always sucked. I remember learning cursive in school, but i went back to printing everything soon after. I'm actually surprised at how inconsistant my writing looks. I write my name in cursive and it looks okay but i can't seem to write it the exact same every time.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Cutlass_Jack

08 Mar 2012, 5:30 pm

Bad doesn't really describe it.

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Mar 2012, 5:31 pm

I only write in print...I've never seen the point in cursive.

If I've got a reason to write neatly (like for a birthday card), I will...people have commented on how neat my writing is.

If I'm making notes or whatever for work though, it's a mess.

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 5:36 pm

Hideous, I genuinely cannot read anything I write by hand. Every letter is in a different size and style.

With exceptional care I can fill in a form, provided its in caps and I have squares to write in.

Handwriting was the only thing that got me referred for extra help in school.

Jason

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 5:40 pm

Wobbuffet wrote:
I only write in print...I've never seen the point in cursive.

I did not see the point in cursive either. However, I am now in a program to get my teaching certificate, and while taking the qualifying tests the form that had to be filled out needed the confidentiality statement to be copied by the test taker in cursive at the testing center, you were not allowed to print the paragraph. That seemed odd to me, but that was their rules.

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2012, 5:43 pm

If I'm not being rushed, then my handwriting for the most part is neat. But if I'm beng rushed (ex: notes in school), then it's chicken scratch to me. I wish I could do buuble letters all the time - they come out neater AND quicker then just writing stuff down! x)

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 5:47 pm

I have horrible penmanship but I also have horrible fine motor skills. If I write fast and don't try hard, my penmanship looks like crud. If I concentrate hard and write slowly, I can make my penmanship look readable and half decent. Supposedly, I hold my pencil wrong. When I was in elementary school I had to use a pencil grip.

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2012, 5:50 pm

It depends. I don't write in cursive though...I didn't like my cursive writing when I was a child. It wasn't terrible and illegible but it didn't change. The day I started to learn to write in cursive...that's how it stayed even after several years of writing in cursive. As soon as I could use print I did. Although I did develop the same style of writing in print as I did in cursive (which I didn't like, it looked weird to my eyes).
At the end I merged cursive and print into one and experimented with different styles of writing letters and punctuations which I had observed in others' people's handwriting.
This kind of mixture of things I'v absorbed as well as my own blend of handwriting is what I liked best but this leads to my letters frequently changing their form in one text. I will have several styles to write one letter which I'll use interchangably while writing.
If I take my time to write and am relaxed, almost everything is legible. If I have to take notes, am in a hurry...etc. it starts to become illegible.
People have described my handwriting as looking cute, sweet or childish to this day which is what I tried to avoid but it looks better now than before nonetheless, even though now it can become messy and illegible quickly.

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Supposedly, I hold my pencil wrong. When I was in elementary school I had to use a pencil grip.

Yes, exactly. I've been told that, as well. That I hold my pencil wrong, too low and inclined into the wrong direction or something like that.