wanna know if i have as - please describe ur symptoms - eg

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Cherrycake
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Dec 2010, 4:41 pm

sensory issues - how exactly does it make you feel? - is this them : feeling angry / upset when i hear mum clanking plates together doing washing up
(i am now on prozac and that doesnt affect me very much)
what about you?

and reading facial expressions - please explain in more detail - what expressions cant you read? do you get confused etc

i know most people with as are very absorbed in a particular subject - not me

i suffer from ocs - obsessive thoughts - i have been OBSESSED with a band once, and a some cats and stuff

are you confident when talking to people(eg at school) but just dont get accepted? I was extremely quiet - and when i did talk people would just think im weird - ive never made a real nt friend in my life

do you find making friends with aspies as easy as mts making friends with nts?? i seem to still have trouble with them - but they are much more easy to talk to - and we are much more likely to be friends

body language - what sort???? how does this affect you????

thank you

Villette
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2010, 6:18 pm

Sounds a lot like AS.

Well, my mum's nnasal nagging voie puts me off entirely.

I used to be obsessed over a certin subject- not anymore though. But usually a new obsession will come in time and make me happier. I'm never happy without an obsession.

I don't really get accepted. Even my friends find it hard to talk to me.

Haven't really met many aspies. The one whom i know is hard to tlak to because she wont open up.

I have trouble reading body lanugag.

indigo-oak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Dec 2010, 7:11 pm

Certian sounds irritate me, what i will often block my ears or just walk away. If i sit next to someone snuffling their nose on the bus, i can't stay there and hear it, drives me insane. Happened this morning and i had to move seats but i could still hear it :evil:

I shut down when it comes to me needing to talk to someone but i am doing better at this. i tend to just nod, say a few words and quite often finish the sentance of people i know. Someone once told me i was doing this and i felt really put off. i hate being told about things i do.

I check emails, my phone and answering machine when i know there won't be any messages waiting for me, but i need to check them.

I'm not 100% sure if i have AS but i feel like i do.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2010, 8:29 pm

I have inherent instincts for nonverbal cues that allow me to use and perceive them easily. Unfortunately, they're absolutely unrelated to the set used by 99% of the population. I have to actively suppress how I actually feel and intentionally misinterpret everything and put on fake emotions in order to interpret and show emotion normally. This makes me bitter. I feel that NTs who claim I have a disorder need to spend their entire lives among other people who do stuff differently and claim they have a disorder. Then they'll understand. My way is just as good, if other people would only USE it. It's like having an idiolect, but I have found others who use body language like I do.

I just automatically assume that if someone does something that hurts me about as much as being cut with a knife, they're trying to hurt me and I should get angry/upset and tell them to stop. I do to other people what feels good to me, and refrain from doing what hurts me. Unfortunately, NTs have crazy ideas about what feels good and bad. So I end up hurting people, which is sucky, but then, the ones who try to show me love hurt me even worse.

Sensory issues... I don't register them emotionally. I feel like I don't want to hear that, or feel that. It's kind of like pain. It's exactly like pain, except carried by other nerves. It's like... well, people have nerves to register temperature, light touch, firm pressure and pain. And most people can only hurt with the last one. But I can hurt with two of them. That's tactile issues. Auditory... well, when something gets really loud and hurts your ears and you want to put your hands on your ears or something, it's like that, except I experience that with softer sounds than most people.

Making friends... an odd can of worms. It's about equally easy with Aspies and NTs.

NOT A DOCTOR