Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 11:59 am

wblastyn wrote:
I was at the fair ground today with my friend and I plucked up the courage to get on one of those rides that spins really fast. When it started spinning I got that feeling in the pit of my stomach, like you get if you're driving along a bumpy road. The feeling got so intense that I could hardly breathe. They had to stop the ride and let me off because I thought I was going to collapse.

It has pretty much been like this for as long as I can remember. It even happens on planes when they are taking off, I get this unbearable feeling in my stomach, which I think is due to the motion and I feel like I'm dying.

The thing is I'm not afraid of heights or that the ride is going to breakdown and I'll be killed, I also don't feel sick or anything/ It's just the feeling in my stomach is so intense that makes enjoying these ride impossible for me.

Does anyone have any idea what this is? Is it just hypersensitivity to motion? Is there anything that can be done?

---

Apparently you are sensitive to motion compared to some other people. Trying to explain how the human brain/mind/body processes motion cannot be done in a sentence or so. There is a group of medicines known as anti-motion medicines which do work for some users (not everyone)(not a cure). Recall that fact from reading an educational book about Hyperactivity called the How To (understand) Hyperactivity book (1981) about ADHD by C. Thomas Wild where the medicine, Bonine, was mentioned and how the Bonine temporarily improved (not a cure) aspects of body balance for Wild (as measurable on a slow moving sailboat on San Francisco Bay, California).