Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

eipsa
Raven
Raven

24 Jun 2006, 1:03 pm

Hi!
I'm interrested in knowing if anybody here remembers their own birth?
I remember mine as I had flashbacks about it repeatedly in the period when I was 6-10 years old or so, but it was only much later when I was 17-18 that I realized that this is what it was.

When I tell people this (only a few so far) I think they generally don't believe me and think I must have imagined it, but since I only realized this is what it was much later then I couldn't have imagined it. Only other explanation is that I am mis-interpreting what it was but everything fits quite well to what you'd expect I think.

The flashbacks were very vivid and real and went like this: darkness, very scarred/terror, encroaching walls (this especially), pure evil out to get me, . This suddenly replaced with bright non-blinding whiteness, sense of everything being allright/perfect, safety, security.
I would allways get them when lying in bed ready for sleep.

regards

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2006, 2:55 pm

I remember it as a nightmare because I was in trauma during birth and my heart stopped at one point. It also didn't help that there were 3 junour doctors slummped in the corner high on Vallium

Mork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jun 2006, 3:22 pm

I have no memeory of my own birth.

I think my earliest memory was of when I was about a couple of years old

mysteriouslyabsent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jun 2006, 4:26 pm

I hardly remember anything of my very early childhood probably not until about 3 years old I start getting some snippets.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2006, 5:19 pm

Quote:
When I tell people this (only a few so far) I think they generally don't believe me and think I must have imagined it, but since I only realized this is what it was much later then I couldn't have imagined it. Only other explanation is that I am mis-interpreting what it was but everything fits quite well to what you'd expect I think.

I don't remember my birth but some of my memories go very far back, i think it is very possible to remember your birth. Do you remember what everything looked like or just the feelings? it may not be so clear because newborn eyes can see blurry images.

Morphia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2006, 5:32 pm

My memory geneally sucks and i remember very little about my childhood. Sounds intersting though and why not, kids proably remember their birth for a few years, the years most people don't remember and then it fades, obviously your didn't. Cool!

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2006, 5:39 pm

I don't remember my own birth. I don't even remember even what happened the year before. Or what happened last week. My memory isn't that hot.

Lupine_Ragdoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jun 2006, 5:53 pm

I don't remember my birth, and my memory is almost blank between the ages of 5-10 save for a few images, but I do remember one time when I was a few months old (I think Dad said I was about 3 months old at the time, but I'm not really sure), and I saw the film "Labyrinth" for the first time. When I saw it again (at first I didn't realise I'd seen it before) Dad said I'd never seen it before, simply because he didn't think I'd remember, but the one thing I definitely did remember was the "Fireys" sequence. My little sister also remembers seeing "My Neighbor Totoro" when she was really young, and for ages she thought she'd dreamt the whole thing until I showed her the trailer to prove to her that it was real.

Help revive ReBoot!

TijuanaLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jun 2006, 8:10 pm

8O Thats impressive!! I never heard of someone remembering their own birth, but I guess its possible...Very interesting!!

No way I can remember my own birth, I have some random memories from the time I was about 3 (maybe I was a little younger not sure) and on...

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2006, 9:48 pm

I don't remember my own birth and it's better that way i think because apparently my birth wasn't like a very great experience for me, or at least I've being told so...

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

24 Jun 2006, 10:30 pm

Please delete all my posts.

Last edited by TheMachine1 on 29 Jun 2006, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

TijuanaLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jun 2006, 10:38 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
My first memories I remember were:

2) Drinking Coca Cola in a baby bottle(It burned)

Thats funny, I also remember the first time drinking Coca Cola
Indeed it burned, it took me some years to taste it again... :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2006, 10:44 pm

No.

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2006, 12:27 am

I don't remember my birth, but I do remember my first moments of conciousness directly before it. I was born two months late, which is probably why I was able to remember that.

The next clear memory I have is from when I was 1, immediately after my family moving (running through the house, deciding what room I wanted) and the next was when I was 3, when my brother was born (memory of my parents leaving for the hospital. I was left at home at the time, and went to end of the short brick wall separating our yard from the neighbors, and I just sat there and thought about it for a few hours).

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2006, 3:23 am

Not really.
I have verry few memorys from when i was under 10 years old.
My memory is kinda below average :oops:

eipsa
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2006, 5:02 am

Quote:
Do you remember what everything looked like or just the feelings? it may not be so clear because newborn eyes can see blurry images.

Just the whiteness everywhere (probably bright lights comming through the eyelids which were probably closed) and feelings of happyness.