I don't know what to do with my arms when I'm walking

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 8:45 pm

Mine don't swing naturally. To make them do so would take constant mental attention to walking, so I just let them stay still and f**k what people think.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 11:22 pm

I have the same problem. I never know where to put my hands. To top it off I constantly fidget with my hands. They are always moving and fidgeting with things like money or car keys. As a result, I will not put my hands in my pants pockets. I'm told the fidgeting with the money and keys in my pants pockets doesn't look too good in public. (use your imagination on what it may look like)

If I have a jacket, I put my hands in my jacket pockets and fidget with the keys. If I do not have a jacket, you will usually see me walking and spinning my car keys in my right hand.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 11:55 pm

I swing mine way too much!! People have pointed this out to me and now I'm quite self-conscious about it.

angryboy2k10
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2011, 8:06 am

Zen wrote:
You're definitely not alone. When I was a kid, other kids made fun of me for walking stiffly, so after that I was self-conscious about it and never knew what to do with my arms. I usually either put them in my pockets as well or carry something. Ideally, I think we should just not care, but it's easier said than done.

People normally call me "penguin" for walking "stiffly" and I actually have gone into MANY meltdowns because of that name, I am honestly sick of it... What I normally do with my ARMS is keep them crossed or in pockets. That works fine :)