Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Sep 2020, 6:13 pm

Does anybody ever come home from work at the end of the day with almost unbearably tired and aching feet? When this happens, I wish I could just fill a giant bucket with Bengay to submerge my feet in for a couple hours and then wrap them in soft pillows. But sadly, there's not enough Bengay or pillows in the world for that! lol! Any suggestions though? What do you guys do for this? :roll:

NeilM
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2020, 12:51 pm

I'm no doctor of course but I do have some relevant info.

I have a friend who had aches in her feet most of her life (since age 12 anyway, and she's in her 60s now) and finally took it to a doctor. When it was said and done, the problem was due to a birth defect. While most everyone has two arteries supplying blood to each foot, she was born with only one such artery. One's declining years is a fine time to find out about a birth defect I know but that was the case.

So make a doctor appointment for it. Hopefully there is something they can do, at least to alleviate the pain.

AQ = 38 MBTI = ISTJ Gender = Non-binary
I strive not to perseverate. You can PM me for more info.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2020, 7:13 pm

NeilM wrote:
I'm no doctor of course but I do have some relevant info.

I have a friend who had aches in her feet most of her life (since age 12 anyway, and she's in her 60s now) and finally took it to a doctor. When it was said and done, the problem was due to a birth defect. While most everyone has two arteries supplying blood to each foot, she was born with only one such artery. One's declining years is a fine time to find out about a birth defect I know but that was the case.

So make a doctor appointment for it. Hopefully there is something they can do, at least to alleviate the pain.

Thanks for the advice. I don't think it's due to a medical illness. I think it's just because I walk around a lot in dress shoes for many hours a day. By the afternoon, my feet are screaming at me to take off my shoes and give them a rest. Yesterday when I came home, I took off my dress shoes and put on my nice warm comfy slippers. The night that they hurt the worst, I massaged some lotion on them and then laid down on my bed with my computer and just tried to rest and stay off them as much as possible. I'm glad I have the weekend to wear sneakers and rest them up for Tuesday.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 7:16 pm

They don’t allow you to wear flats?

It doesn’t make sense that they make you wear dress shoes when you have to deal with kids with special needs.