Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Dgosling
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2011, 12:23 am

I have a skelatal and muscular system test i need to retake but i need help remembering the names and where they go D:
anyone have any tips :?:

against_the_clock
Raven
Raven

Location: Louisville Kentucky (if you think I don't wear shoes I'll throw them at you)

10 Jan 2011, 12:59 am

http://www.buildyourmemory.com/ Some loci and pegging techniques listed on here may be helpful, and make the memorization process more interesting. Not sure how well mnemonics work for skeletal stuff; I used them to remember PERL key words :lol:

Dgosling
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2011, 1:03 am

Don't really see any thing for those :/ the skeletal system I'm ok with I just don't know any muscular system stuff :(

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 1:05 am

A good way to memorize answers to quizzes is to make practice quizzes and fill them out until you can do it without looking at the answers. Once you get to the point you don't need to look, you have it memorized and will most likely score a 100% Make sure you can do it more than once. Practice doing it right before the official test. I did this in a class and scored a 100% on every single quiz and they were all fill in the blank, too. No matching or multiple choice.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 1:37 am

Stick a labeled diagram on a wall where you'll see it regularly, and take regular mini revisions.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 3:03 am

I would review the material, make a list of any terms I need to know/questions I need to be able to answer (without the answers next to said terms/questions), go over them once, writing the answers in by hand, and then review the blank (unanswered) list repeatedly until I can answer (in my head, not writing it down this time--takes too long) everything with confidence. If there is something involving labeling a picture, I would get a blank copy of the picture and practice labeling it until I can do that with confidence as well.

But I tend to go overboard. :oops: Got good grades, though, so do with that what you will.