Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 4:44 pm

Is there a form letter or something I should use to document my ASD file with Human Resources at my company?

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 7:57 am

Bump.

I need to give an official letter from my psychologist to my company, but the first one he wrote was too informal and personal. I was thinking it should be far more clinical and to the point.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 9:28 am

As long it is in the style psychologist write formal letters, it's good enough for dossiers.

kfisherx
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 9:33 am

Uh... why? You are protected under ADA as a disabled person whether you disclose officially or not. I chose to disclose since the disorder is invisible at my work but they did not ask for paperwork. :)

Call your shrink to write you a more formal one if you feel like a piece of paper is needed.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 11:06 am

kfisherx wrote:
Uh... why? You are protected under ADA as a disabled person whether you disclose officially or not. I chose to disclose since the disorder is invisible at my work but they did not ask for paperwork. :)

Call your shrink to write you a more formal one if you feel like a piece of paper is needed.

Hmm. I thought documentation was advisable. My boss already knows. But I have never asked for any accommodations. I am going to start pressing for changes in my job responsibilities. I believe I can be MUCH more productive if my work is more closely aligned with my cognition and environmental responses.

I'm also coming to a place where I no longer give a crap if people know I'm on the spectrum. The only thing holding me back is I don't want to have to constantly confront people's ignorance about autism. I suspect I would launch into 'special interest mode' at the slightest provocation.