Novel about a girl with Asperger's syndrome

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jan 2011, 10:05 am

The novel is Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine. Here is the print review in the Quaker Centre Bookshop, London, Books of the Month February 2011:

Quote:
In Caitlin's world, everything is black or white. Things are good or bad. Anything in between is confusing. That's the stuff Caitlin's older brother, Devon, has always explained. But now Devon's dead and Dad is no help at all. Caitlin wants to get over it, but as an eleven-year-old girl with Asperger's, she doesn't know how. When she reads the definition of closure, she realizes that is what she needs. In her search for it, Caitlin dicovers that not everything is black and white - the world is full of colours - messy and beautiful. Mockingbird is a must-read gem and one of the most moving novels of the year and is the winner of the last year's National Book Award.

Here is an online review: http://blog.schoollibraryjournal.com/af ... yn-erskine .

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 11:26 am

Awesome. I downloaded a sample of it on my ebook.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 10:06 pm

Cool!

I am actually writing a book with an Aspie girl character in it right now :) I've been working on it for 6 months. I hope it can get published so others will be able to read it!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 10:17 pm

Another book for me to look for. Cool. :)