Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 10:34 pm

Is it true that a bad/evil person with AS is A LOT worse than a normal person bad/evil person? :twisted: Kinda like how the good people with AS are better than the non autistic people who are good and do saintly things. also as well like if your an idiot with AS than you are much worse idiot than an NT 'idiot' its just magnified.

If so then what makes a bad person with AS so much worse than a normal person who is bad? Just look at Adolf Hitler who had aspergers.

Just need your views on this.

No offense to anyone here on wrong planet but i can see why NTs might not want us around if what i said above is true.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 10:45 pm

Hitler had Asperger's? Do you have any actual evidence of this?

As for your main question, it's quite a stretch. Acts of "evil" lead to a diagnosis of anti-social personality disorders. For instance, a lack of empathy, coupled with cruelty to animals evidence of a psychopathy.

Can autistics be evil? Sure. Why not.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 10:48 pm

I will admit when i get worked up over something i probably behave a lot worse than a non autistic person would but then again that could just be a meltdown?

I talked with somebody who has AS and he told me that this is all true.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 10:58 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Well, s**t, man. It must be true then. :roll:

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 11:04 pm

It would depend on the traits of the person involved, but I would guess that someone on the spectrum would tend to be less effective with evil due to social difficulties. It's hard to be a good con artist with a bad theory of mind (not that I'm big on the lack of theory of mind theory).

OTOH, Hitler was a good orator, and knew what pleased the masses. Perhaps someone on the spectrum with an obsession on oration could end up being very good at that.

I guess IMO it's not clear either way. I don't see how people on the spectrum are necessarily going to be clearly much better or clearly much worse with evil.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 11:41 pm

I don't buy it. There is nothing in the Aspie profile that is intrinsically evil. While I see how the inability to fit in socially might lead to some crimes, I don't see it going further than that. I think that if you wanted evil, you would look towards some form of sociopathy and some forms of schizophrenia (not saying that everybody with sociopathy and schizophrenia are evil).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 11:52 pm

I'm much more capable of being good.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 12:17 am

I would think that Hilter wouldn't like people with AS.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 12:36 am

JacklynW wrote:
All people are capable of good and evil. A bad aspie is no worse than a bad NT, in the same way as a good aspie is no better than a good NT.

My thoughts exactly.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 12:39 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Well, sh**, man. It must be true then. :roll:

Lol. Hitler didn't have aspergers....

Nosirrom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 1:41 am

In my mind Evil=destruction=anti-life=death=chaos=nothing. Good=creation=life=organization.

There is nothing I love more than life.

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2011, 1:49 am

Adolph Hitler was post-humously diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Anyone can have bad character and be evil. I don't think being evil correlates well with having AS.

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2011, 3:21 am

ocdgirl123 wrote:
I would think that Hilter wouldn't like people with AS.

Well, I remember when I first read up on the condition there was a paper on the original study and it mentioned that in Hans Asperger's original study he makes an effort to point out of the usefulness (the specialization that comes so easily to us) and usually normal or better intellect and that he might have had a very good reason to do that in light of his location and the time he was doing his research...

sillycat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2011, 3:42 am

This is why I've donated 55 Pints of my blood to save over 150 lives. This is why I volunteered with the Rotary Club to raise money to buy toys for infirm children, or raise money to build a well in Kenya, or an orphange in Guatamala with the same organization. Or even 10 years to help reverse the trend of homelessness in Calgary and clothed them with my own money (an Aspie idea actually). ect ect ect.

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 6:22 am

Ok, if Im an aspie I could believe that I must be more evil than a normal person if I do something evil, because Im hyper aware of it and therefore understand the whole evil action in all its nature, and thats heavy...

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 6:51 am

well i have been told iam evil and the devil