Aspergers thoughts of harming and murder

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 4:22 am

Violence has got nothing to do with Autism. On the news I hear of a murder every week, and Autism is never mentioned in the case.
Did anyone hear of that 60-year-old woman in Tenerife who had her head randomly cut off in the shop? I bet that man who murdered her wasn't Autistic nor on drugs, since he was just known as ''a maniac who was let out of prison''.

I don't think my anger will take me as far as that. I think it's just sometimes we feel like doing these things when we're angry, but not realistically.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 4:52 am

I used to fantise about taking one of my father's shotguns to school and going on a rampage and killing all my bullies and teachers who bullied me. This was YEARS before Colombine.

Klokateer666
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jun 2011, 5:45 am

I think a lot of us have had that fantasy at some point. The difference between us and psychopaths though is that if we were serious about it and then questioned we would find it hard to deny that we'd go out killing people. We may not be highly emotionally affective but when the emotions are strong enough we can't really switch them off like a psychopath can.

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 7:32 am

I get thoughts about how I could harm people quite frequently, except, I hate the idea of harming people and really don't want to and try to move myself away from them incase I lose control, which I haven't since I was a child. I still worry that I might a lot. That's more likely to be related to OCD, though.

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2011, 8:07 am

Interestingly enough I dreamed I was welding a rat sculpture out of razor blades last night LOL.... but no I don't generally think about harming people. Sounds almost like an OCD pattern of thinking. If you dislike it I would suggest you do some exercises to help better control your attention and train yourself to disregard irrelevant thoughts, ect...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 8:53 am

I never think about harming people generally. I only do when I have a wave of anger come over me - and somebody has got to do something to annoy or upset me in order for those thoughts to come. Psychopaths get this urge whether they are happy or not, and don't have any cares or feelings, and don't seem to care about the consequences they will face afterwards. When I think about punching somebody, I then panic because I know what would happen afterwards if I ever did: I would get everybody looking at me, I will lose respect from my friends, I will probably be arrested, I will be in a police cell, I would be named and shamed, and I would be sitting there feeling really really guilty and wishing - so much - that I had never harmed the annoying person in the first place.

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 9:24 am

I had to hurt people in my life in self-defense, and while I still regret doing it, it is not so much the act itself that is haunting me, but the fact that I had to do it, if that makes any sense. I am a very peaceful guy, and even if I am really, REALLY mad at someone - and that is quite a raretiy to occur - I usually just feel like breaking something inanimate to vent my anger. I am very certain that I would never EVER lay a hand on someone in anger and rage. In cold blood, I can't really say, and I guess nobody could. Many people were so angry at someone that they thought about killing them for a second - and I am no exception to that - but it is nothing that dominates my mind, far from it. I have a rather professional interest in crimonology, criminal psychology and statistics, and according to an article I read, people on the autism spectrum are usually very lawful. Violent crime, like it was already stated, involves interpersonal interaction, and most aspies stay clear of situations where those could arise. That said, if I had to make an assumption, I think I would be able to fatally harm another human, while I had many a problem to do the same with most animals.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

This topic makes me wonder whats up with me. I have the same kind of thoughts as the OP. Violent thoughts on a daily basis. They dont bother me at all either. I dont think Im a psychopath because I can care about people too. If I ever killed anyone I would probablly kill someone who molests children or something like that and I think it would actually feel very good because it would be someone who deserves a horrible death. I think about hurting people for no reason at all as well but I dont think I would go through with that. Nothing bads happened to me to make me think these things either. I feel like its just the way I am.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 6:11 pm

Nope. When a salesperson knocks at the door, I don't answer it.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm

I have no desire to harm people in the real world, but I do enjoy having thoughts about harming people, especially thoughts of mass murder coldly planned and executed, usually with some cleaver twist like using biological weapons to target those with certain biological traits, such as all people with two X chromosomes or all people with one X chromosome and one Y chromosome or all people with whites of eyes that are white instead of blue. That last one includes almost everyone. But I think these thoughts only for entertainment purposes involving some scientific aspect of the evil thinking-doings, and it's also entertaining to imagine myself cackling as a mad scientist holding a tube of fluorescent green in my latex-gloved hands, but I don't feel any urges to actually carry out the crimes, and I would probably suck at carrying them out as well. I don't know if this is related to AS, but I know that I have the emotional detachment to think these thoughts, but not the emotional drive to stop thinking and start acting.

TheOddOne93
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Feb 2013, 1:58 am

aspergersrapper wrote:
I don't know a bout any other asperger here however i am completely convinced that many feel the same as me, although i don't like the thought of any action of hurting others although i have and i can enjoy it to the peak of it been an addiction.

I am wondering, do any of you think about killing people, harming people on a daily basis and are you obsessed with sharp objects or own some material to harm others??

message me mate lets talk

ProvokesThinking
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Feb 2013, 3:51 pm

Are you sure that this isn't a trait of Aspergers? I have some similar traits as in the OP.