Sleep-dreams involving social environments.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2020, 5:03 pm

Reconsidered putting this thread in the 'Social Skills & Making Friends' forum - as I've increasingly felt that my sleep dreams involving social environments seem like rough indicators of what real-life situations may be like - regardless if these dreams are based on real-life situations or not. I doesn't matter.

This thread is instead in the 'General Autism Discussion' Forum - as more often than not, insights from sleep dreams tend to be undervalued.

The dream as follows:

I was just leaving a meeting with a group of two or three people, whom I had concluded
my interaction in a rather comic-like stoic mannerism.

I was walking-down what appeared to be steps in a blank-white-space (like walking within a giant sheet of paper on all sides) without even the slightest outlines of physical things, or slightest bits of colors.

Anyways, after leaving this group, I had overheard one of the group members mocking whatever I had said in verbatim - complete with (pretty-bad) imitations of my stoic comical mannerism.

I couldn't discern two different things a.) Whether this mocking was all in fun, or was meant to be mean-spirited. Or, whether or not, they wanted me to hear the mocking of my mannerism.

Yet, a part of me wanted another person (not present in this dream) to mock (on my behalf) their mocking in a way where they would feel disorientated regarding whether or not a joking was intended. Yet, I did the best thing, to disregard the comment, and keep walking uninterrupted in a giant blank space!

This dream seems to relate to real-life misunderstandings of subtleties e.g., what is meant to be a joke, or what is meant to be mean-spirited?

I sensed such difficulties/experiences are common with AS/HFA.

As for why my dream was experienced as a blank-space with audio only (the verbal mocking of my mannerism) is uncertain.

RELATED: WP discussion thread discussing pandemic related social-situation dream:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=386175&p=8519874#p8519874

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 3:05 pm

ADDENDUM: How many feel that it's necessary to apply different (sleep) dream-related disc. threads?

As dream-related WP discussion threads become too lengthy to follow, discussion threads focusing on different types of sleep dreams become necessary. For example, this thread 'Sleep-Dreams Involving Social Environments' is one category. COVID-19 related dreams is another WP-discussion thread:

One WP post (from May, 2109) in discussion thread, 'How Difficult Is Making Friends For You?' discusses dream of social environment experiences; as well as current real-life considerations in which this dream is based:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=375465&start=30#p8226592

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2020, 5:25 pm

FOLLOW-UP TO DREAM: I'll start my description of the dream with a follow-up (after I woke-up): I had gleaned potentially challenging social , (and safety) situations in this dream i.e., I would have had alot of explaining to do after wandering unauthorized through an active construction site without protective gear. I was lucky I was not injured, or killed! And, who was the joker who put those extra handfuls of nails in my hand?? "No, this was not based-on any real-life experiences!"

THE DREAM: I had found myself carrying a handful of large nails - the two to three-inch length of nails used in building wooden frames for walls in houses.

I was trying to find a spot, or a container to place the nails. I had found myself walking through active construction sites during my journey - which included a dump truck whose truck-bed was on an 45-degree incline. (I'm reminded of comical cartoon characters walking through construction sites e.g., falling steel beams missing characters by a mere second, AND/OR mere inches; the cartoon character continues walking unfazed (no falling steel beams in this dream)). Once or twice, I heard a worker yelling from about thirty-feet away saying something like "LEAVE THIS SITE - IT'S DANGEROUS HERE!"

I had found some sort of space within a partially dry-walled wall to place the nails. After a couple of seconds, I had decided this space wasn't sufficient, and I proceeded to gather the nails and walk-on. I had then noticed that somebody (out of the blue) had placed more nails in my hand (this time, light silver (probably aluminum nails) which were twice the size, and thickness of the nails I already had in my hand.

Just in time, I had spotted a work-site where workers were tarring a road, or a roof. I had spotted several containers covered with tar. Yet, I had spotted one empty plastic container free of tar, and decided to place the nails in this container. Nobody seemed to noticed my presence - hence appropriate closure to this dream.