Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 5:44 pm

I think I just go through periods where I think I am worse than at others. I reckon it usually has something to do with stress too. I once changed to a much better job but immediately suffered a shutdown when I started. It was terrible. But then a few months later I can feel fine and confident.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 9:00 pm

Yes..........I think some of my symptoms have gotten worse lately due to too much stress. My repetitive behaviors (stimming, routines etc) get worse or more pronounced during periods in my life when I'm stressed.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 9:46 pm

anbuend wrote:

BINGO! I was looking for this article!! !! ! I'll save it to my favorites NOW! THANKS!! !! !! !!) YA!! !! (One of those Autism articles I loved reading! THANKS!!)

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 9:04 am

Be aware that (unless something happens again to delay it), soon that entire site will be being redone, so if it goes offline for a bit don't worry about it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 11:03 am

Mine has seemed to have gotten worse and then better. Stress will make my symptoms come out more and my anxiety. Mine showed more in my last two relationships because of my ex's but my husband doesn't do anything to make them come out more so I am still my normal self.

I just say it's the environment that can make them worse but I don't think it makes my condition any worse, it's just the situations I am in that is making them show. School will do it and normal relationships. If I am in large social situations, it will show more. I had more friends as a kid but I got less as I got older. But when I was a kid, we had things in common, they did things I liked doing but as we got older, their interests changed so I got left behind. Kids my age got harder to be with so I went for the younger kids since they were into things I liked and I could connect to them. Now I have zero friends and have no idea what to do with grown ups. It be freaky to just go next door to play with their kids lol because I am an adult.

Also I think part of this is me becoming more aware of my symptoms so it seemed like they were new but no I think it was because I just became aware. There are things in my childhood I have no memories of about my symptoms. I guess I never paid that much attention to myself growing up.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 6:56 pm

anbuend wrote:
Be aware that (unless something happens again to delay it), soon that entire site will be being redone, so if it goes offline for a bit don't worry about it.

Great but will that Favorites link still work, will it be a totally new URL? (Hopefully it doesn't go away I enjoy that article.) and feel many on the spectrum can learn from it and that site over all. I still hate a site from 2004 "The Psych Cafe" (From some college .edu site) was closed it had such great Psychology information but alast they closed it. BOO! :-)

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 6:27 pm

i seem to be getting much worse by the day.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 7:42 am

I know that my social awareness has gotten better with the years. As a child I did totally weird things and didn't even notice they were weird. So today I still have trouble with social situations, but I have more 'awareness' in the sense that I usually know what is wrong or right.

My sensory issues have gotten worse though. As a child I barely cared about noise or crowds, but when I hit puberty I got a lot more sensitive to it.