Aspie character alert: "Then She Found Me"

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2011, 8:32 pm

This is a weird and somewhat slow romantic comedy starring Colin Firth and Helen Hunt. What kept me interested in it was the awkward social interaction and identifiable quirks of Firth's character, Frank. While it's possible that we're just supposed to believe that a divorce has left him shattered into odd behavior, the character has trouble with social grace and charisma, often bluntly giving advice and saying opinions, works in his car because being in sight of his child's school keeps him calm, has fascinating quirks about food and clothing, and when faced with a feeling of attachment finds it impossible to walk away to an identifiable point that he requests the other person walk away from him. The reason his ex-wife gave him for leaving, "You're too much for me." This was really a brilliant performance that screams high functioning spectrum behavior. Watch this movie. You'll end up ignoring the other characters and feeling bored by the whole biological-mama drama storyline but you'll relate so much to the Frank character.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2011, 11:25 pm

Thanks for the recommendation. :)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 Apr 2011, 11:43 pm

This is available on Netflix Instant: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Then_ ... height1707

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 8:53 am

Yes, it's on Netflix instant. That's how I watched it last night. :)