Executive Functioning and Verbal Memory test

Page 4 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 10:24 pm

swbluto wrote:
I just culled the verbal scores for the "older testers" and here's what the results are:

Official AS (name - estimated_age; verbal_memory_score)
------------------------
wavefreak - 50; 1
verdandia - 40; 1
kon - 60; 1
apple_in_my_eye - 42; 1
raquiGirl - 38; 90

Unknown
--------------------------
ojani - 38; 32
Rhiannon0828 - 42; 79

Does anybody relate to these?

-have trouble paying attention to and remembering information presented orally, and may cope better with visually acquired information
-have problems carrying out multi-step directions given orally; need to hear only one direction at a time
-have poor listening skills
-need more time to process information
-disliking locations with background noise such as bar, clubs or other social locations
-a preference for written communication (e.g. text chat)
-having trouble paying attention and remembering information when information is simultaneously presented in multiple modalities

P.S. I'm still in my 40s. I wish I was in my 60s as I'm looking forward to retirement.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

19 May 2011, 10:46 pm

swbluto,

I'm 41.

Kon wrote:

-have trouble paying attention to and remembering information presented orally, and may cope better with visually acquired information
-have problems carrying out multi-step directions given orally; need to hear only one direction at a time
-disliking locations with background noise such as bar, clubs or other social locations
-having trouble paying attention and remembering information when information is simultaneously presented in multiple modalities

P.S. I'm still in my 40s. I wish I was in my 60s as I'm looking forward to retirement.

- Yes, all the time.
- Yes, all the time.
- Yes, all the time.
- Yes, all the time.
- Yes, all the time.
- Yes, all the time.
- Yes, all the time.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 11:04 pm

Verbal memory: 86th percentile
Executive Functioning: 34th percentile

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 12:10 am

I have HFA.

My scores were:

Verbal memory: 77th percentile
Executive Function: 32nd percentile

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 1:23 am

Kon: The only exception is "a preference for written communication (e.g. text chat)". I really don't like when I'm unable to correct my faulty communication immediately.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 1:52 am

One thought to the executive test. Speed vs. errors. The trade off between the two is depends on the person's decision to some extent, while the scoring might be differently rewarding.

On the verbal memory test. Short time memory can last longer than a one or two minutes.

Overall, these tests seem a little too simplistic, I'm looking forward to see the new tests, raised my appetite (thanks, swbluto, for your efforts).

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 5:55 am

Age 46

verbal 55 @ 73%

shifting 53 @ 75%

I think I did OK on this executive test due to 'working memory,' or lack thereof, of tapping into this.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 6:08 am

Verbal Memory 95th percentile
Executive Functioning 68th percentile

I think I've done this test before.

The way I did the verbal memory test was to create a story with the words, linking them all together into a narrative.

I'm not sure the result of my executive functioning test would transfer into real life situations, nor be sustainable for periods longer than a couple of minutes.

Verdandi wrote:
What would be interesting is if people posted their subject scores, standard scores, age (as specific or vague as they like), and percentile.

--------Subject Score * Standard Score * Percentile
Verbal: 60 ------------- 125 -------------- 95 -------
E x e c: 54 ------------- 107 -------------- 68 -------

Edit: Found my old test

Verbal Memory Percentile 79
Executive Functioning Percentile 32

Seems I improved since then.

Last edited by Moog on 20 May 2011, 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

AspieOrNot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2011, 6:42 am

Verbal Memory: 40
Executive Functioning: 14

What is this supposed to mean?

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 4:58 pm

Kon wrote:
swbluto wrote:
I just culled the verbal scores for the "older testers" and here's what the results are:

Official AS (name - estimated_age; verbal_memory_score)
------------------------
wavefreak - 50; 1
verdandia - 40; 1
kon - 60; 1
apple_in_my_eye - 42; 1
raquiGirl - 38; 90

Unknown
--------------------------
ojani - 38; 32
Rhiannon0828 - 42; 79

- YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE!! !

- I find it very hard to process the group dynamics in conversations, and I do much better with other people when it's 1-on-1 up to 1-on-4. Anything more and I get confused quite quickly.

Verbal memory: 88%
Executive functioning: 87%

- My executive functioning and verbal memory looks high in the results, but I still have all the issues that you mentioned above. :(

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 5:54 pm

If they did the memory test and used pictures instead of words I think I would do significantly better. I've always been a very visual person.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

20 May 2011, 6:04 pm

Kon wrote:
If they did the memory test and used pictures instead of words I think I would do significantly better. I've always been a very visual person.

Yeah, same with me.

I don't really translate words into pictures fast enough to remember the words visually, I guess, as others described doing that and it didn't work for me.

maxxim
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2011, 10:23 pm

Verbal Memory- 42nd percentile
Executive Functioning- 7th percentile.

Ughh.

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 11:12 pm

Verdandi wrote:
I don't really translate words into pictures fast enough to remember the words visually, I guess, as others described doing that and it didn't work for me.

I wonder if that's the reason why verbal communication is daunting for me. It feels like a chore. Listening, translating, interpretating and responding seems to require a lot longer for me than most people especially with new people I've never met. That lack of familiarity of voice makes the process last even longer.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 11:18 pm

Kon wrote:
Verdandi wrote:

I wonder if that's the reason why verbal communication is daunting for me. It feels like a chore. Listening, translating, interpretating and responding seems to require a lot longer for me than most people especially with new people I've never met. That lack of familiarity of voice makes the process last even longer.

Yes, this sounds familiar to me. I mean, from the moment I discovered text communication (BBSes) I was hooked and found them so much easier due to the lack of real time synchronous communication.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 11:39 pm

Verbal Memory - 66th Percentile
Executive Functioning - 18th Percentile

I have long suspected that I have Executive Dysfunction, and this almost confirms it. :P The shifting attention part was pretty difficult; 3 times I couldn't "shift my attention" at all, and it skipped to the next one. It took me awhile to figure out all the other ones. My "Correct Reaction Time" was 1394, in the 1st Percentile, which, if I understand that correctly, was extremely slow...

I took a similar test to the shifting attention a month or so ago, where it showed a picture of something and a word, and sometimes you had to answer "true", as in the word and the picture of the object matched, and sometimes it would tell you to pick "true" if they did not match (and vice versa; "false" if they do match and so on), and that was difficult for me too. It was hard shifting my attention between whether I was supposed to give the correct answer or the wrong answer, and I had to stop and think for a bit in order to do it.