Executive Functioning and Verbal Memory test

Page 6 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

VicSage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Feb 2012, 10:11 am

Verbal Memory Score 46 Percentile 9
Executive Function Score 35 Percentile 7

I tried linking to the image but I don't have enough posts yet.

I have NLD. I tried taking the test again remembering the words as pictures and I scored in the 1st percentile. Depressing
The Verbal test isn't a test of verbal memory at all. I usually score quite high in those.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

09 Feb 2012, 10:32 am

VicSage wrote:
I have NLD. I tried taking the test again remembering the words as pictures and I scored in the 1st percentile. Depressing
The Verbal test isn't a test of verbal memory at all. I usually score quite high in those.

Verbal memory or verbal working memory? I believe the test is the latter, although it just says "verbal memory."

I found the test results consistent with my abilities.

VicSage

09 Feb 2012, 11:43 am

I'm not sure now. I was always strong at listening to foreign Language aural tapes at school and then filling in the answers.

The Psych who tested me called out long lists of numbers and words and my recall was very high.
Also I scored 119 in VIQ and 95 in PIQ in the IQ test he evaluated me with. He gave a report on my strengths and weakness's but I was very angry at the time and didn't pay much attention to it.

I've been in denial for the past 3 years and only starting now to come to terms with my diagnosis but I cant find the report he did for me. I lose things a lot. Very frustrating.

Ok I'm taking this thread off topic wiht my rambling, sorry.

VicSage

09 Feb 2012, 1:50 pm

I did the test a 3rd time using a different strategy. I said the words aloud and made a mental image of what the words represented as well. I'm not sure what this means. I know I've wasted more than 3 hours obsessing over this test and my executive function still sucks hard.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 3:19 pm

Here's mine. I think the EF test, by it's mechanics, is difficult for people with AS because of the coordination problems that are so common. The most difficult part of the EF test for me was controlling my fingers because I have a tendency to want to push the right button when my brain says left and vice versa. This results in a slow time which then results in a lower score. The test is as much a test of manual coordination as it is of EF. one of the drawbacks of this test is that it allows for repeat testing and this makes the percentile scores invalid. For example, 90th percentile for 0 errors on the EF portion.

On a side note... EF can be 'simulated' in AS and it is common for it to improve as one ages. People with AS may use a different method to arrive at the same conclusion as the NT in a EF heavy task.

OK I can't figure out how to post it as a picture so I pasted the data. Percentiles are in bold.
Verbal Memory 53 103 58 Yes X
Executive Function 59 114 82 Yes X

Score Standard Percentile
Correct Hits - Immediate 13 104 61
Correct Passes - Immediate 14 94 34
Correct Hits - Delay 12 105 63
Correct Passes - Delay 14 95 37

Shifting Attention Test (SAT) Score Standard Percentile
Correct Responses 59 110 75
Errors* 0 119 90
Correct Reaction Time* 907 114 82

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 4:09 pm

I have taken this test a few times in a few months, and my executive function scores were all over the place. I think that the EF score depends a lot on how tired you were at the time.

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 10:24 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
I have taken this test a few times in a few months, and my executive function scores were all over the place. I think that the EF score depends a lot on how tired you were at the time.

agreed... I may give it a try at 10am this Monday (since I will be taking that day off) and see if I do any better.

169Kitty
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Feb 2012, 2:32 am

btbnnyr wrote:

I took the test after I had been out doing errands for 3 hours and got only in the 2nd percentile. I took it about half an hour after I got home so I had a chance to relax some but still felt a little spacey from all the visual and auditory stimulation. I had planned on doing some cleaning, which is something I have a lot of trouble with, but was unable to do so because I was mentally exhausted. Part of what contributed to the spaciness was that I had an unexpected, yet very good, thing happen that day. I'll try to remember to take it after a good night of sleep and before I do much of anything for the day.

NT score: 51 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 8:22 pm

Seems I did well,

I got :

Verbal Memory: 88 Percentile/Subject Score 58/Standard Score 118
Executive Function: 82 Percentile/Subject Score 60/Standard Score 114

I am probably more high functioning then most with AS, for that I am thankful.

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 8:33 pm

The EF test reminds me of the TOVA test, which according to the doctor I got a perfect on.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 2:15 pm

Is there a link to these tests?

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 9:13 am

firemonkey wrote:
http://www.brainfitnesscentersofflorida.com/fitness.html

Are you having a conversation with yourself , if you are , you were a bit rude waiting 3 months to reply :lol:

On a serious note , thanks for the link , is there a way of doing the test without signing up?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 9:20 am

The username and password are already filled in. They go very quickly but if you refresh the page you are logged in for the test .

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 9:22 am

firemonkey wrote:
The username and password are already filled in. They go very quickly but if you refresh the page you are logged in for the test .

thanks

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 10:44 am

http://imgur.com/a/t0amq

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.