What's the best and worst thing that happened in your life?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 8:48 am

For the former it's RPGs for me (from the 90s, mostly). They seriously built the pedestal upon which my life is placed, and where all my interests ultimately come from. Even inspiring me to learn how to play the piano, although the negativity in my life (currently) hasn't been able to overcome the steep learning curve. The mere memory of them fills me with wholesome thoughts.

With regards to the latter, it is, ironically, the people that gave me life in the first place. But it ends up serving to highlight how truly amazing the aforementioned type of video games were, as some years ago I was even able to snap myself out of suicidal ideation (caused by those people) thanks to them.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 12:47 pm

...is this too big a question, or what? *crickets chirping*

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2012, 1:25 pm

Tabletop RPG's, live action RPG's, or computer/mmorpg's? :) Did you ever play Dark Age of Camelot? The best. MMORPG. Ever.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 4:03 pm

Worst: Tied, between my situation in the end of high school, and my situation in the end and during university. With specific moments standing out.
Best: Getting a good test result on something I wrote once, and the praise that I got afterwards.
Maybe this is a depressing thread.. lol..

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 5:47 pm

There are so many things to sort through ... I am not young :wink:

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 5:59 pm

Best: Being kissed by a classmate. Bittersweet under the circumstances.

Worst: The death of my dog.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 7:30 pm

Best

Being part of a loving middle-class family in a first-world country
My relationship with my mom
My special interests throughout the years (anime, the Pokemon games, and Johnny Depp movies being the most notable)

Worst

My struggles with OCD and anxiety
Having to share our house at different times with family members who I didn't get along with
An incident when I was 14 when I fell in love with my same-sex best friend, wrote her a love letter, and got a very nasty letter in response which included phrases such as "revolting lesbian slime" and "you're going to Hell and I'm not letting you drag me down with you"

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 7:47 pm

Worst:

As a child, sitting in my bedroom and listening to my father screaming, crying, and loading his guns while waiting for my mother to come home.

Best:

Ask me after I'm dead.

:wink:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2012, 9:35 pm

The best thing was when my little sister was born and when my sister got her degree from university. When I met other people with Aspergers. When I got my drumkit at 15. When I left home at 26 and made a life of my own. Finally justice as been served and the Bullies in my units have gone I'm finally living my life again.

Bad Things: Thinking friends were true real friends which they weren't. Friends involving me and dragging me into their personal issues and dramas which I hate and just cannot handle and I do not want to be involved in I rather play the xbox and watch grass grow than their problems. I hate being bullied.

JBO
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2012, 9:56 pm

gretchyn wrote:
Did you ever play Dark Age of Camelot? The best. MMORPG. Ever.

Wow, yes I agree. Hands down no question, the best MMO ever.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 10:07 pm

Best: Being on the forensics (speech and debate) team during 11th and 12th grade and feeling for the first time like I had a real, whole, unbroken family who loved not just me but each other as well.

Worst: Watching my mother divorce my stepfather out of the blue, only to find out later that it was because he'd been physically and verbally abusing her for ten years behind my back. Lost my stepsiblings and never saw him again. Four years later I'm still trying to heal from that one.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 1:48 am

best thing: inheritance. :D
worst thing: nearly fatal bike accident. :hmph:

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 9:09 am

The worst thing that's happened in my life was that I was born. It was also the worst thing that's happened in the lives of many people, most especially my dad. The best thing that's happened in my life would be that I die, but that hasn't happened yet. When I do die, it shall be not only the happiest thing in my life, but also in my dad's life.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 9:31 am

I think the worst thing that ever happen to me is reading this thread. There are some really sad stories here.

On the other hand this could be one of the best things that have happen to me. I realize how lucky I am.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 12:22 am

hyksos55 wrote:
I think the worst thing that ever happen to me is reading this thread. There are some really sad stories here. On the other hand this could be one of the best things that have happen to me. I realize how lucky I am.

this old timer [graduate cum laude of the school of hard knocks] fairly BEGS you to BE CAREFUL! take NOTHING for granted including your good health. never be complacent because life will bite you in the tuckas if you've made other plans. :idea:

madnak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2012, 3:43 am

Best - some sexual encounter, it's hard to choose which
Worst - probably my most severe panic attacks