Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2011, 3:03 am

Have you ever had times where you just want to hang out with people and not stim? You know, feeling all social and whatnot. I'm taking about being in "NT mode". When I'm in NT mode, I'm bit more extraverted and not stim as much. When I'm in NT mode varies from time to time. It is unexpected. Does something similar happen to you?

Kookygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2011, 4:03 am

I go through phases. One week I'll week go out all the time and constantly want to be around people and be really chatty and then I might spend all of the next week reading on my own. I realize this is a nightmare for my friends and family as I'm so unpredictable but they somehow put up with me haha

IkeSiCwan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2011, 7:15 am

kind of - I have phases where I feel being able to cope with being around people, like to listen to them and sometimes even have conversations with them. Not soo much smaltalk, I am realy bad with that. my wife tells me that I am improving a lot, but I do not think so. It is when I am in the NT mode and when I have the energy to fake being normal long enough, as well having the energy to concentrate to bodylanguage and such. It is a heavy task reading eyemovement, bodylanguage and mimic, because I had to learn that out of books and being out watching people communicateing with each other... So yes, I know that NT mode and sometimes I realy like being in that mode.

Cu, Ike SiCwan

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2011, 9:49 am

NT mode = being drunk? :idea: :O

4thdoctor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jul 2011, 10:28 am

No not realy i'm me i have asperger's i have no need or desire to go in to "NT mode" i'm more than happy to stick out :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 10:29 am

I don't have NT mode, If someone does not like my 'stimming' too bad for them.....its not like its all that much worse then any weird little habits the NTs might have.

IkeSiCwan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2011, 10:44 am

Even when I have drunk a lot alcohol, I only cannot fake anymore being a NT, so I come out more being as I realy am, an Aspie.
I still think pretty clearly, do not make more jokes, will not sing or dance. My aspie sence of humor will come out more, but that's it aready. my mother tongue is German, but as I learned US-English with 16 in the US, I tend to switch over thinking and speaking us-english, when I have drunk enough alcohol. That's somewhat funny for others. My wife is telling this to others already, after she experienced it first hand.

- Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
I am an IT and Aviation Nerd!
- Asperger diagnosis / Autism spectrum diagnosis official 04/2016
- self diagnosis 2008

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jul 2011, 11:40 am

I have an NT mode that I sometimes get in. I have that mode more in a relationship & that's one of the main rezones why I want a relationship. I'm better off in NT mode

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

iwannabeadragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2011, 1:38 pm

Reindeer wrote:
NT mode = being drunk? :idea: :O

This. Practically the only time I'm extroverted is when I'm hammered.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 1:47 pm

I am incapable of an "NT Mode" and I can switch off my urges to stim. :D

And I can sociallize. >:D

Not well, but well enough for people to be interested in me. D:

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

I cannot decide if it is my aspieness itself that fluctuates, or simply my awareness of my own failures in social interactions.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 3:52 pm

I think it's kind of silly to think of myself as being more or less autistic at different times. I'm always the same person, and like anyone else I go through different moods. In some of those moods, my behavior happens to resemble NTs more than in other moods. But that doesn't mean I'm any less autistic, because I still have the same brain.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 3:56 pm

Well, when I try to act NT, I come across as having Asperger's.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 4:41 pm

Kookygirl wrote:
I go through phases. One week I'll week go out all the time and constantly want to be around people and be really chatty and then I might spend all of the next week reading on my own. I realize this is a nightmare for my friends and family as I'm so unpredictable but they somehow put up with me haha

This is me. Probably true of a ton of NT introverts, as well, I guess.

It's not like I even really want much time alone when I do go on *loner* mode, though. It's more like I just lose all of my words...like really, lol. I don't have any words to say to people but I don't mind being around them.

IkeSiCwan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

oh yes, that's me as well. I cannot think of what I could say or talk about, unless someone asks me something within my special interests. So Thats the times I cannot do any smaltalk.

Often I am in my own world and the social world outside is just out of reach to me. Sure I can do the basic things, but just not more. Hiding, being unseen and watch the others, what I really like doing then.

- Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
I am an IT and Aviation Nerd!
- Asperger diagnosis / Autism spectrum diagnosis official 04/2016
- self diagnosis 2008