Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 6:19 am

This is going to sound really weird, but since I've woken up early this morning this has been how I've felt. I wonder if it's a side effect of my Seroquel XR, which both the XR and immediate release have been known to cause a dysphoric feeling which colors the way I think, especially if I get up early.

For the Haruhi Suzumiya series, my dad thinks Yuki Nagato has a flat affect because she is an humanoid interface (a kind of biological android), but this is not strictly true. Another humanoid interface, Ryoko Asakura, was popular and had very good social skills until she became murderous. The Entity that created Nagato could have made her the same way (good social skills, not murderous), as it did with Asakura, but didn't.

It feels like unless I can get this point across to my dad, I will be in emotional pain. I am now obsessed with coming up with a script to explain that to him.

Now, normally I am a stickler like this and do consider points like this, and construct scripts, but only recently have I begun to develop emotional pain related to this, where before it was a special interest I enjoyed engaging in. Getting up early while on Seroquel XR appears to be a cause. I find if I sleep in late, the dysphoric feeling goes away.

Unfortunately, today, I must go to a vocational rehab evaluation and leave an hour from now, so I can't exactly sleep in today. :(

Last edited by beneficii on 08 Sep 2015, 6:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 6:22 am

Looks like an interesting anime... I'll try & popcorn time that one!

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 6:51 am

cberg wrote:
Looks like an interesting anime... I'll try & popcorn time that one!

It is quite interesting. :) I'm currently watching it with my dad.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 9:34 am

Wasn't Asakura an agent from the bad guys and Nagato there to protect Haruhi?
I could be wrong tho... too lazy to look it up.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 12:58 pm

Earthling wrote:
Wasn't Asakura an agent from the bad guys and Nagato there to protect Haruhi?
I could be wrong tho... too lazy to look it up.

They were both from the Data Integration Thought Entity, though from different factions. Asakura was a member of the radical faction and Nagato's faction is unknown, though I think it's the majority faction. Asakura tried to kill Kyon to see how Haruhi would react, because she wasn't getting much out of Haruhi (Haruhi didn't seem to even acknowledge Asakura's existence until she "disappeared"). Nagato protected Kyon from Asakura, saying she had not authorized independent action.