Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 5:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm curious what your role models are and/or where in life?
From your parents to your teacher from third grade back to a classical author or a fictional character, anybody.

Role model:
"A person who serves as an example, whose behavior is emulated by others"

Link

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2011, 5:45 pm

Mines were as a late teen ..get ready to lol

Tupac Shakur
Liam Gallagher

I used to just act all tough and stuff like them. It worked well with my asperger traits.

Plus Liam Gallagher was so ret*d and mentally not there I coudl just act like him and seem ''normal''.

I mean hes normal but hes not if ya know what I mean yeh yeh

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 6:08 pm

My best friend (who, since I graduated high school, isn't as close anymore :<) is such a strong, confident and all-round amazing person. I followed her example a lot.

Apart from that, it seems to change weekly. From a distant friend of a friend of a friend to a fictional character, anyone, I just seem to 'emulate' them in day-to-day life. I like it, works well, although makes me feel very inadequate at times!

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 6:35 pm

As far as social interaction, I don't have one. There's no one I really base my actions on. :?

When it comes to my beliefs (religion, politics, anything that ends in "ism"), my role models are Edmund Burke, Giuseppe Melchiorre Sarto, Ronald Reagan, Douglas MacArthur, George Patton, and Thomas Aquinas, among others.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 7:43 pm

My biggest role model is my mom. She is the kindest, gentlest, most understanding and most forgiving person I've ever met. She's also assertive when she needs to be. I think she should be everyone's role model. Whenever I find myself in a social situation where I don't know what to say or do, I just think "what would my mom do if she were in this situation?" and I act accordingly.

One creative role model of mine is Tim Burton. He is my favorite movie director of all time, full stop. I highly admire his creativity, whether that involves lavishing an existing work with his trademark style or something sprung from the depths of his own mind.

Yet another creative role model of mine, and one who is arguably a bigger inspiration and influence on me than Tim Burton, is outsider artist Henry Darger. I am in awe of the epic body of work he had built around his imaginary world, that of The Vivian Girls/The Realms of the Unreal. He created a novel over 15,000 pages long and literally hundreds of watercolor paintings based on this world over the course of his lifetime. What's even more amazing is that he did not do it in order to seek fame or fortune - he did it for the most pure reason an artist creates... personal enjoyment.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 7:50 pm

my dad... unoriginal but convenient.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 8:39 pm

Eeyore and Marvin (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy). They both understand reality. It sucks.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 8:43 pm

My Grandfather. He's where I get genius, good looks and strong body from. :P

But seriously though, there is no man or woman who I have more respect for.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 9:22 pm

I don't really understand the whole idea of a role model. Why would I try to be like somebody else? If there's any one thing I can say for certain about myself, it's that I always do my own thing. No matter what environment I'm in, I never even try to be like anybody. There's nothing wrong with me, so why should I try to emulate someone's identity?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 11:13 pm

Mick Avory of The Kinks is my role model. He's gentle and thoughtful. I want to be those things. After screwing up my first two years living on my own, I should have a person with strong morals, as a role model.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 7:30 pm

My grandparents.

They are smart, strong, loyal, forgiving, kind, nonjudgemental, so many things!

Just plain awesome!! !!