For those super sensitive to light touch...

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 7:32 pm

If someone lightly touches you and you are really sensitive to light touch...what is your reaction?

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 8:24 pm

An automatic jerking away, like I've just been shocked with static.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 9:24 pm

My reaction is similar--it feels like an electric shock ripples down my spine and my whole body jerks.

I can't control it at all, although in recent years it's gotten a little bit less intense if the light touch isn't on direct skin but through my clothes--i.e. sometimes I only twitch instead.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

12 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm

Sometimes I freeze. Sometimes I pull away.

Often after someone touches me, my skin crawls.

It's not as bad as it was when I was younger, though.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 11:11 pm

If possible I pull away.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 11:13 pm

It can be freeze up.

Jump.

If I let someone know repeatedly I don't like it but they do it anyway it can be push.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 12:59 am

There has been times were I felt the Person there before they touch me.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 3:50 am

i usually feel and/or see the person before the actual touch, so i can mentally brace myself.
however, if i do not see it coming, my reaction is simular to a static shock indeed: a shocked jerk and withdrawing.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 6:01 am

1. if its my mom,(she likes to do that to my back), pull away and give a dirty glance
2. if its my classmate, pull away and give an extra dirty look.
3. i hope there will never be a stranger doing that to me, but in case of that, i will call the police 8)

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 11:56 am

Verdandi wrote:
Often after someone touches me, my skin crawls.

Yes, that is what mine does too. My nephew knows it bothers me, and being the 13 year old boy that he is, will sometimes do it to annoy me. I HATE the feeling of it, say "DON'T TOUCH ME", and brush him off. Usually I can still feel it, and it won't go away. If often almost puts me right into a meltdown, I can feel it coming and I almost lose it. The feeling will stay for a long time, so I do the insane: claw my arm up so that I cannot feel that particular feeling any more. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I just wanted to know if I was the only one that went to that extent. I was kind of hoping not....but unless someone was just leaving that part out, maybe I am.... :oops:

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 1:29 pm

1. Say, emphatically, with volume, "NOTHANKYOU!"

2. If person does not heed request, (gently, if possible) shove them away.

3. Hit touched spot to get the touch off.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

13 Jul 2011, 1:34 pm

I definitely scratch to interfere with the sensation. Sometimes it helps, as you said. The last time someone did that to me, I went into the restroom (I was at CostCo) and ran hot water on my arm.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 8:50 am

I usually jump as though someone had grabbed me. Sometimes I may even yell out. :oops: I push them away, and ask them to not touch me.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 11:18 am

I jerk away from them then yell "don't touch me again". You would not believe how people react to you when you ask them to never to touch you again. Some are insulted others get really defensive about it I always hear. "What, you think you are better than me?" When you try to explain to them they do not want to hear any of it. Now I pull away I say "please don't touch me I am autistic." If the person looks like an as*hole I probably will tell them "Please don't touch me I have contagious hepatitus." At least they won't be insulted when I tell them that. They might even run away from me so its a win win situation. :wink:

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 1:19 pm

What a great idea! If they think that you have something contagious, they won't want to be near, much less touching. I should try that.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 1:33 pm

I've only recently learned that my "jerk away, make a face, rub the spot" reaction is really offensive to the touchers. Afterwards, I'm so busy spazzing that I can't even remember to tell people to not touch me.