No job / life skills anyone else out there?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Panic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

I have no

social skills
critical thinking skills
mathematical skills
athletic skills
130 pounds
weak
no appetite
low energy
destroyed family life
poor memory

anyone else similar here?

the only job skills i have a monkey can do-

i looked online at available jobs, they all require salesmanship or years of experience

im 24 now, i havent really learned anything i can say, does the brain deteriorate or get smarter in aspies, or what?>

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 4:26 pm

I'm a hundred pounds heavier than you, but I have problems in all those areas.

ImMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

Panic wrote:
social skills
critical thinking skills
mathematical skills
athletic skills
poor memory

These are things are what people generally have to develop unless you have a serious impairment relating to memory that is outside the scope of aspergers.

Quote:
130 pounds

What's wrong with your weight? I weigh about 140 and I'm actually pretty attractive.

Quote:
weak

self-defeatism. weak/strong is a dualism and is subjective.

Quote:
no appetite
low energy

Those aren't necessarily bad things. It depends on what you want. If you're severely depressed (seems likely), then obviously this becomes a bad thing.

Quote:
destroyed family life

Sons have killed fathers for money and power. Wars have been waged that have destroyed civilizations for petty reasons. Plus you're not the only one at fault. They have their own will just as you do and have made their own decisions that destroyed the family. Blaming you for being more of a challenge is still just as much their failure as it is your own.

Quote:

I was. Not so much anymore. But then again sometimes I will go a week or two living in my van to get a break from people.

Quote:

i looked online at available jobs, they all require salesmanship or years of experience

Yeah, you're screwed. So am I though. If I don't get a job after college I'm just going to have to work fast food or something. Pretty sh***y and I hope I can handle all the stressful social crap.

"welcome to costco. i love you"

Quote:
im 24 now, i havent really learned anything i can say, does the brain deteriorate or get smarter in aspies, or what?>

I don't think brains really deteriorate until you get real old, like maybe 70 years old. That's kind of a myth based on the fact that we learn things some things a lot easier (like language) when we are kids, but as adults we have better critical thinking skills and better defined consciousness. So you can still learn stuff, of course.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 5:44 pm

Panic wrote:
I have no social skills

Not so much that I don't have them, but they're pretty weak.

Quote:
critical thinking skills

I would say I do have these.

Quote:
mathematical skills
athletic skills

Nope....definitely don't have those.

Quote:
130 pounds

About 85 lbs. more than that (but I'm 6'2", so it's not as bad as it sounds)

Quote:
weak

Yup...sure am.

Quote:
no appetite

Wish I had this problem.

Quote:
low energy

Yes.

Quote:
destroyed family life

No.

Quote:
poor memory

Kinda sorta, but not really.

Last edited by SadAspy on 24 Jul 2011, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 9:37 pm

Panic wrote:
I have no

social skills
critical thinking skills
mathematical skills
athletic skills
130 pounds
weak
no appetite
low energy
destroyed family life
poor memory

I weigh maybe 140 or so but I`m trying to make it to 115

I don`t have:
mathematical skills
athletic skills
a job
And I have a bad short term memory but a great long term memory.

oceandrop
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2011, 10:49 pm

Panic wrote:
I have no

social skills
critical thinking skills
mathematical skills
athletic skills
130 pounds
weak
no appetite
low energy
destroyed family life
poor memory

Good news is you're very young, also you can set goals and improve in all of these areas. Even better news is that many of these areas are connected, and working on one area will automatically improve the others. Here: -

1. Social skills -- if you have ASD then this is not a priority anyway
2. Brain power - e.g. critical thinking, mathematical, memory, etc.
3. Physical power -- e.g. weight, energy levels, appetite.

In other words I would suggest that for now you work on numbers two and three in the above list. You can easily improve fitness on a budget which will automatically improve your energy levels, appetite, strength, appearance, and more. You can do this whichever way you like but I always find exercise DVDs (e.g. Tae Bo) the most convenient. For brain power you should aim to read every day and to find a way to solve problems also -- this may be by learning computer programming, or solving sudoku puzzles, or electronics, or buying/downloading a pre-calculus book and working through it, etc. If you would like to improve your social skills, you can start with Yahoo Chat, perhaps starting with text chatting in a room that interests you, then perhaps moving up to voice chat if you like.

You can do it! Your future is bright, once you start doing these things you will feel good about yourself and maybe a year from now you can post and say you're now 25 but in all these areas you have made a lot of progress and hope to have an even better year next time. Good luck!