How many of you wear the same clothes every day?

Page 3 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

fragileclover
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 11:48 am

I will typically wear the same thing for several days. I have 2 or 3 pairs of jeans, but I usually wear just one of the pairs all week. Currently, I have a Harry Potter shirt that I like to wear a lot, and have a tank top that matches in my favorite color (turquoise) that I wear under it. If I go somewhere, that's what I usually wear. At home, I usually wear sweatpants and the tank top that I was wearing under my shirt.

I used to wear tshirts pretty exclusively, but I felt very unfeminine because of it. I actually really love fashion (I like it on other people, and love dressing up my Sims and Rock Band characters, etc), so I was excited to wear some nice clothes myself. I wore a full wardrobe throughout college (different shirt every day, alternated pants), but now that I don't go out or see the same people every day, as with school, I've reverted back to wearing the same, comfortable clothes over and over.

The thing I hated the most about wearing a variety of clothing was picking out what I was going to wear. I would literally try on a dozen things the night before to make sure it looked right, and it was very stressful. If I didn't get the opportunity to pick out my clothes the night before, I would have a mini breakdown looking at the contents of my closet.

My birthday is next month, and although I'll be 26, I have picked out several novelty t-shirts that I'd like as gifts. That way, I don't have to worry about the stigma of wearing the same thing every day, but the shirts will be very similar and easy to select from.

Oh, I forgot that I've also worn the same shoes for 13 years. Not the exact pair, obviously, but the same exact color and style (black and grey checkered vans). We recently got a new manager at work (very hard for me to deal with), and she felt that my shoes weren't appropriate, and told me I had to wear other shoes. I reluctantly bought a pair of plain
Black athletic shoes, but had trouble remembering to wear them at first (13 years!), and so I got written up for the first time in 9 years.

Diagnosed with AS and Anxiety Disorder - NOS on 03/21/2012

Last edited by fragileclover on 09 Feb 2012, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZipoCXG
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2012, 11:59 am

3 days is my record for the same exact clothes. However I generally dress in the same style everyday, which doesn't sit too well with most of the kids at my school.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

09 Feb 2012, 12:02 pm

I'm wearing a hoodie I haven't washed since last Saturday, does that count?

sapphireblue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2012, 12:05 pm

antonblock wrote:
hi there,

what reasons might there be, that we rather wear the same clothes?

for me its:
- i like my clothes and i see no argument why to wear e.g. a different trouser every day as long as it doesn't seem to smell
- it takes probably a bit more time until i am really comfortable with a clothing, and when i am then i don't change so much
- I maybe don't care so much about the reactions of others
- I don't have a fine nose, so even when some thinks smell, i don't realize early. Nowadays i take more care about this.

what about you?

anton

The reason I wear basically the same style, jeans and fitted tshirt, I'm self-conscious. I see fashions I like and want to wear but I am too fat to wear them and/or I feel too ugly to be able to wear them. Like dressing a cow in a cocktail dress. When I was younger and thinner my wardrobe was varied. Although I'd be afraid to wear something because I did not feel like I was pretty enough and people would wonder why someone who looked like me had the nerve to wear something like that.

It's only been the past 5 years that I've worn clothes more than a day in a row, but not generally more than two. I guess I'm lazy. I have been a apathetic since a major depressive episode 4 years ago. I wear undergarments so unless I spill something I don't see the need to change jeans but every few days. Shirts I will change though. Usually every day but sometimes I will wear twice in a row if not dirty and I'm not going out.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Feb 2012, 1:19 pm

I basically have worn the same (style; not the same physical items) ones for at least 10 years, and I hate switching. I get upset when they stop making a particular brand or style of socks, boxers, or when they change the style of Levi's, etc. In fact, I like Levi's 527 low boot cut jeans to the point I'm hoarding them from eBay.

Charles

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 1:27 pm

Sometimes I'll wear the same thing every day if I'm not going anywhere and I'm on a mood where thats the only thing that "feels right". If it's not dirty, I'll wear it as it is, but if it's dirty and I know I want to wear it the next day I'll wash it the night before. When I'm very depressed I've been known to wear the same things until the smell of them bothered me, or they were visably too dirty to wear, however when I'm depressed I usually stay in my nightgown, and I'll wear the same one until it's too dirty to wear anymore, from either smell or looks.

Other times I want to dress nice even if I'm around the house.

I know that right now I'm slowly sinking into another depression, and I'm glad it's slow this time. I can tell this because I just don't see the point in doing much of anything, and although I do get dressed every day, in clean clothes, usually different outfits each day, I don't care about my hair or makeup or jewelry or any of that. Apathy is sinking in, and I'm planning on going to the doctor in a few weeks when I get the money and get my antidepressants. After I do that, I'll be much better within a week or so. I'm not going to let it get to the "just stay in bed all day" stage this time. That's too painful and takes too long to get over.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 2:38 pm

I wear pretty much the same thing all the time - jeans with a black tee or long sleeved shirt. If it is cold I'll add a fleece or leather jacket. When something wears out I replace it with another that is very similar. They usually get changed on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday when I have a shower unless they are very dirty.

The same goes for footwear. I wear army officer's boots because they are comfortable and support my ankles. I have two pairs of boots - a good pair and a tatty pair. When the tatty ones fall apart I buy a new good pair and use the others as the tatty pair.

If you compared me to a photo from 10 years ago, about the only visible difference would be a bit less hair and a bit of grey in my beard and hair...

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Feb 2012, 2:49 pm

When I was 16, I wore the same hoodie over my clothes for a month, my sister told me people at school started talking about it so I stopped doing that. I also don't see the point in having more than 1 pair of shoes. I've also had the same haircut for 4 years (and get pissed when a close friend changes their hair style or color). I got four pairs of pants, 3 of them are blue Levi's jeans, the fourth one is black. :P
I also sleep in hoodies, sometimes I sleep in the same hoodie for over 2 weeks.
Oh and as a kid I always had one favorite sweater and I wore it every time I had the chance.

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Feb 2012, 3:18 pm

I wear jeans when I go out anywhere. If I'm just out for a while I'll wear tracky trousers, which is what I wear normally. Black or grey ones. They're just comfier and don't require a belt. I need belts for jeans, but they annoy me. I only ever really wear t-shirts or check shirts and I always wear hoodies. I don't wear the same clothes every day, but my style is pretty much the same. I don't even bother wearing a bra sometimes, especially if I'm not going out. I feel more comfortable like that.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 3:19 pm

Jeans and sweatshirts I rewear often.

Socks I try not to because they get soggy, stinky, gross

if I forgot to wear deodorant/my tshirt stinks I don't rewear it

DC
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 4:19 pm

Twist wrote:
i have a black sports hoody that i've probably worn 300 days out of the last year, and it's been washed once against my will 8)

*proud*

Sniggers.

That is me but mine is blue. The only reason for the 65 days of not wearing it was it being uncomfortably warm. After being annoyed about it being washed, I just put in on still damp and grumbled for several hours.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 4:30 pm

Not the exact same garments, but put me in with those who have a whole bunch of the same thing. I have 6 pairs of identical jeans, 20 t-shirts that are all identical aside from color, one pair of beat up Vans that I should have replaced a couple years ago (but will probably wear for another year at least), and one black hoodie.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 4:37 pm

Yo

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 5:52 pm

I wear the same black jeans pretty much all the time. I wear them for maybe 5 evenings at a time between washing them (I wear old trackie bottoms during the day for work) and I rarely wear any other trousers. I change my T-Shirts every day or sometimes every 2 days if I'm only lounging around the house (during weekdays I usually change them every 2 evenings because again I wear old T-Shirts for work). I nearly always wear a blue and black checked shirt over my T-Shirts though, nearly every day. So it looks like I always wear the same clothes day after day but they are washed quite regularly. I just don't vary what I wear much because when I get comfortable in clothes and I like them, I get quite attached to them and don't want to change out of them.

I have quite a variety of garments but I always stick to the same combination of black jeans, check shirt and Ushanka hat. People must think I'm a right filthy tramp. :lol:

I change my socks and boxers every day, but when I forget to do laundry I have been known to wear the same for 2 or 3 days. When I was about 13 / 14 or so I used to wear the same socks for about a week or more. I have improved since then....

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

justalouise
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2012, 8:32 am

I wear clothes for multiple days at a time, maybe longer. Not underwear if I can avoid it, though.

The longest I've gone? Maybe a couple weeks. I don't really know.

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2012, 11:09 am

I buy the same items over and over again. Usually all black.