How many of you wear the same clothes every day?

Page 5 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 6:08 pm

Those of you who wear the exact same items (rather than copies of the same item) daily--I highly suggest switching over to wearing fresh clothes every day. I'm a girl and I don't sweat that much, but even I can tell after a day that I need to change clothes. Unwashed clothes can be overwhelming to many people, NT and Aspie alike.

Now, I'm not saying it has to be Priority Number One. There are more important things than smelling nice. However, since it does impact people around you, some effort should be made, for their sake and because you yourself will probably have an easier time communicating when people aren't distracted by your smell.

If you have an aide, or are on the edge of needing one, then this may be a matter to discuss with them, because let's face it--care for people with disabilities is often substandard, and many people who need it don't get it. But if it's something you can address, then it should definitely be on the list.

I've lately found it rather tempting just not to change clothes. It's just one more thing to keep track of, one more thing to worry about. So I can't really think badly of people who don't; a lot of the time, it just isn't their fault, and I just have to deal with the fact that sometimes I'm exposed to sensory input I can't tolerate well. But if you can keep yourself and your clothes clean, you should.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 6:46 pm

I wear my clothes for at least two weeks but I found out something: I now buy my clothes dubble or tripple - like pullovers and pants - and then I still wear the "same", but wash the other "same".
Balance: I am wearing the "same", but it is clean.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Apr 2012, 7:15 pm

I do, it is a "the sooth-ness of the routine" kind of thing - as for most of us

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 11:58 pm

I'll wear the same pair of jeans several days in a row; I'll change my T-shirt, though, unless it's a weekend and I'm not going anywhere. I change underwear daily, of course. ;)

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 12:19 am

Callista wrote:
Those of you who wear the exact same items (rather than copies of the same item) daily--I highly suggest switching over to wearing fresh clothes every day. I'm a girl and I don't sweat that much, but even I can tell after a day that I need to change clothes. Unwashed clothes can be overwhelming to many people, NT and Aspie alike.

Now, I'm not saying it has to be Priority Number One. There are more important things than smelling nice. However, since it does impact people around you, some effort should be made, for their sake and because you yourself will probably have an easier time communicating when people aren't distracted by your smell.

If you have an aide, or are on the edge of needing one, then this may be a matter to discuss with them, because let's face it--care for people with disabilities is often substandard, and many people who need it don't get it. But if it's something you can address, then it should definitely be on the list.

I've lately found it rather tempting just not to change clothes. It's just one more thing to keep track of, one more thing to worry about. So I can't really think badly of people who don't; a lot of the time, it just isn't their fault, and I just have to deal with the fact that sometimes I'm exposed to sensory input I can't tolerate well. But if you can keep yourself and your clothes clean, you should.

Here's the thing, though: I change my clothing during the day, and wear the same frumpy clothing during the night (most of the time). I don't wear the frumpy clothing out normally. I say normally when I mean that I care enough. Lately, though, I care enough. And I wear perfume, LOL.

Letsrave
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2012, 12:57 am

FishStickNick wrote:
I'll wear the same pair of jeans several days in a row; I'll change my T-shirt, though, unless it's a weekend and I'm not going anywhere. I change underwear daily, of course. ;)

This is exactly like me. I also make sure all my clothes fit me well. I have about 15 shirts that are all plain with a good mixture of colors I rotate through, 4 pairs of pants, 2 jackets, and 3 pairs of shoes. I have like 100 socks and 40 underwear though.

When I go dancing I wear bright colors, my DC's cause they slide well, and my favorite hat!!

[img][800:944]http://i40.tinypic.com/nfqn41.png[/img]

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2012, 8:23 am

I can't even wear a pair of pajamas for 2 nights in a row, nevermind wear the same clothes everyday for a while. I wouldn't be able to do it since I'm that much of a clean freak. And because of it, my laundry basket fills up after about 3 or 4 days.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 7:48 pm

I change my shirt everyday but I don't change my pants everyday maybe every 4 days. My brother doesn't change his shirt that often maybe every 4-7 days without washing them. He is also autistic. He was diagnosed recently.

biribiri20
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Apr 2012, 7:55 pm

I do. My black cap, black denim jacket, a tee, jeans, and black vans or converses. I will wear a hoodie as well during the winter or rainy days, but that's about as varied as it gets. I will tend to wear the same pants for several days as well, much to my mother's dismay.

Diagnosis: ADHD-PI, suspected AS
Your Aspie Score: 142 of 200, Your NT Score: 74 of 200, You are very likely an Aspie
AQ: 38/EQ: 16/SQ: 52

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 8:18 pm

I'll usually wear the same clothes for a few days unless I've been sweating really bad.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 9:18 pm

4 days I believe.

You will reap what you've sown.

evil_expresso
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Apr 2012, 3:12 am

For me - black stretchy jeans everyday. I almost had a panic attack on the bus the other day simply because I was wearing strange underwear - the kind I normally keep away from just because it gives off "bad vibes". Anyway, my day went well and so the panic ceased.