Name somthing your EXTREMLY scared of

Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2011, 8:44 pm

For me its any type of doctor, nurse or dentist becaus they are all out to get me. They all want to hurt me with some kind of needle. I always cry and freak out and sometimes yell when Im froced to go to the doctor or dentist. What are some things your scared of?

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

needles bees wasps and hornets.

scmnz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

I will not be in the same room as a spider, it makes no sense i know, but i just can't. I always have to get other people to kill them for me. When i was little i was terified of horses too, but thats no longer a problem.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 9:00 pm

*pain, especially protracted agony
*maiming
*the looming unknown boogiemen hiding just out of temporal sight Image

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 9:03 pm

Tornadoes. Since I live in Tornado Alley, this is rational. We tend to have a whole bunch of Watches and several Warnings every year. (A Warning means that one is headed right at you: since they're fairly narrow and you don't know which way they might swerve in their path, this can cover a wide area and still means it has a high probability of missing you). I live about 16 miles from Joplin, Missouri, if that tells you anything.

I am sometimes irrationally afraid of airplanes or helicopters right overhead, that they're going to crash on top of me. This is usually when I'm in a generally anxious state already. In that same sort of state, I can be put into a panic attack by a wasp sailing into the room. I'm not fatally allergic to them or anything, and have been stung before, and that fear is all out of proportion.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 9:07 pm

Antimatter, hydrogen bombs, and napalm.

When I was 10 years old I had an intense fear of black holes. That has since changed with a greater understanding of the physics behind them.

ChekaMan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Oct 2011, 9:09 pm

Large hornets.
Thugs
My soul being stuck in my dead body when I die.
Never finding my true love.

RandomNickname
Raven
Raven

12 Oct 2011, 9:15 pm

My biggest fear is probably public speaking. To this day i have yet to complete a presentation. I have panic attacks just thinking about them >.<

My second would be injections. Although i'm probably over them now, when i was last in hospital i had to have 2 injections every 3 hours for 6 weeks. I hate it when people take my blood though. Eurghh

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 9:21 pm

Heights.

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2011, 9:21 pm

Funny this should come up tonight. I am so scared of committing myself to someone. It's not the commitment, it's the fact that guys change their minds so often. By the time I get over my fear and begin to trust them, it's over. The thing is, it took so long for me to get over it, it takes even longer for me to get over it again. This time I have tried so hard to find someone I genuinely love for who he is. We really only said the words the other night. I just want him to comfort me and tell me he really wants this to work. Not just "yeah, we'll give this a shot". Like it's a shooting range.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 9:27 pm

I don't have any phobias over stuff, but I will say what truly terrifies me:

The scenerio where I slip into a severe depression become apathetic, quit going to work, lose everything I care about and almost kill myself, and then I have to rebuild my life from pieces. It has happened several times before (fortunately I'm still alive!). I'm only 39--it could happen again. The fear is very real to me. I had nightmares in the past about this.

Sorry to be such a downer. I just felt I had to say that.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 9:31 pm

Choking/Foreign objects being stuck in the throat, either myself or other people. I can't even watch cartoons where the characters get something stuck in their throats, and shows like Your Kid Ate What? and some of the stuff on medical shows like Untold Stories of the ER are worse than the scariest horror movies to me. I was unable to swallow pills for many years, but finally had to conquer my fear because I needed psychiatric help.

Vomiting, mostly myself. This fear used to be the driving force behind my OCD before I went on medication for it. I can watch shows/movies where the characters vomit because I know I won't catch it because it was scripted into the show. But if someone in my real life vomits, it makes me scared that I'll catch the stomach flu and vomit myself. I also have a kind of "superstitious" belief that if I read about someone vomiting on Facebook or any forums I visit, then I'll be "jinxed" and my chance of vomiting will be increased.

Heights. I have trouble navigating staircases because of this fear. If I am any higher than the first story in a building, I can't look out the window at the ground below without starting to panic. I hate the fact that the local shopping mall has a second story with a clear glass railing, because I can clearly see how high up I am. I can never walk anywhere close to it without starting to panic.

Chemicals/Poisons. I used to have a very intense fear of chemicals and any other things that could poison someone when I was a child. I had to be taken out of the classroom whenever they showed videos talking about the dangers of poisons - otherwise I would have a meltdown. This fear ended after going on medication. It must not have been too strong of a fear I guess, because my other fears are still problematic for me even though I'm constantly loaded on psych meds.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

12 Oct 2011, 9:33 pm

I used to have a severe phobia of moths, but now I let them be and they aren't really so bad.

When I was younger I was afraid of the dark and always slept with my light on.

I don't know that I currently have any extreme fears.

-Skeksis-
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2011, 9:39 pm

I'm extremely scared of my relatives dying and ending up so alone and disconnected from the world and unaccomplished I become psychotic from it and full of such loneliness I'd want to kill myself. The way things are going, this is a certainty.

Hyram_Inesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2011, 9:40 pm

almost any dental procedure

n3rdgir1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Oct 2011, 9:42 pm

Needles and bees.