Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 2:31 am

I am Canadian, about 20 000$ in debt due to student loans, and am able to work about 8 hours a week. Would I be eligible for disability? Also, for Canadians who have done this already: how do you begin the process of applying for disability here?

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2011, 1:51 pm

I stumbled across your post in a search and thought I'd reply even though it's been a while since you posted....

littlelily613 wrote:
Would I be eligible for disability?

That depends on the nature of your particular difficulties and possibly on what province you live in (because disability benefits are under provincial jurisdiction--unless you qualify for CPP disability benefits, which are federal).

If you can only work 8 hours a week, chances are you would qualify for disability in any Canadian province.

littlelily613 wrote:
Also, for Canadians who have done this already: how do you begin the process of applying for disability here?

Start by calling the ministry responsible for disability benefits in your province. Tell them you'd like to apply for disability or that you'd like to know if you qualify for disability, and they'll give you info and send you forms. The website below has links to information about disability benefits in every province and territory in Canada:

http://www.canadabenefits.gc.ca/[email protected]?lang=eng&geo=1&clscrn=faeclist.jsp%3Flang%3Deng%26geo%3D1%26searchallcats%3D54%252C55%26catid%3D13

Love transcends all.