Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 5:35 am

I'm on the very 'mild' end of the spectrum - barely even AS. Even so, I like reading your posts and I can relate to some of the stuff in them. I don't post replies because I don't know what to write, but I would like you to stay.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 6:23 am

Hey Nintendo, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and am very ad your here. I often struggle with replies, don't know why to say or fear going on and on. And I feel like a threadkiller too. I also aspire to post a thread that gets over 100 replies, but haven't got past 23 or so. Is that vanity? I dont know.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

claudia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2012, 6:37 am

nintendofan wrote:
......i just feel like im not welcome on here,
everyone thinks im speaking a diffrent laungege or somthing.
all the posts i see on here are related to asperger syndrome.... im not asperger syndrome i have stronger autism.
im just confused realy :(

I don't think so. I read some of your posts but I didn'a answer only because I didn't have any opinion. Probaly I'm an undiagnosed Aspie, while my 4 yo beloved son has classic Autism. We are different, but I feel there's a link between us.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 7:50 am

Please remember that this forum is for everyone on the spectrum and not just Asperger's. Hope you stay around nintendofan.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 7:52 am

There are those on this forum who put a lot of effort into making sure others feel they're not welcome. I assume they do it because of their own low self-esteem issues, so they can make themselves feel superior. Ignore the pathetic morons. There are still those who appreciate you.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 7:59 am

I hope you stay.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 8:03 am

The above post is after repeated efforts to write in more detail, so I can relate.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 8:11 am

I too feel unwelcome here, but that's one of the reasons I stay.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 8:14 am

Aimless wrote:
The above post is after repeated efforts to write in more detail, so I can relate.

And I can totally relate to this :) I often rewrite my posts a dozen times before hitting the submit button and then edit them several times, especially when I'm trying to write something nice or emotional. I always feel like I'm doing it wrong.

@nintendofan: I think Aimless found the perfect words, so I'll simply repeat them. I also hope you stay around :)

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 8:27 am

It's hard to know what everybody has. You have to click on everyone's profile to check... no one does this. Would be better if it was publicly displayed I think.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 8:28 am

Aimless wrote:

I know what you mean; I have just read through this thread and want to say something but I'm not sure what as so often happens. This post has taken me about half an hour to write, in the meantime other people have posted :oops:
Right, I will attempt to give my opinion.
nintendofan I hope you don't leave on the basis that you think other people want you to leave. I too don't feel very welcome but think it may be a step back personally if I did (as it took so much for me to start posting) If you want to be here then I encourage you to stay :)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 8:38 am

nintendofan wrote:
......i just feel like im not welcome on here,
everyone thinks im speaking a diffrent laungege or somthing.
all the posts i see on here are related to asperger syndrome.... im not asperger syndrome i have stronger autism.
im just confused realy :(

I made this thread a long time ago. The overwhelming majority of people on the site probably feel just like you do. Maybe it might help to know.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf137369-0-90.html

b9
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 9:06 am

169Kitty wrote:
b9 wrote:
what i posted

I have a hard time participating on internet forums because I rarely get many replies. Threads I reply to seem to come to a halt after I post on them.

there are many threads that died after my posting in them, but i do not think they died because of me. i think they would have died anyway, and i was the last person to say anything in them.

the amount of threads that i have posted in that continued to live are many more than the the threads that died. i have posted many things, and some things i posted were at the end of the threads life, but i do not see it as a general rule. it is good to see the whole picture and not focus on only the part that you are unhappy with.

169Kitty wrote:
I find I get similar results in real life. I try to ask questions but I just don't get why I seem to suck at conversational skills.
i do not have good conversational skills, but for me it is not very important to be able to tell others so they can tell me i am correct in thinking as i do.

people are so different and there is no accounting for taste, and if 100% of people do not understand what i say, then i do not think i said invalid things.

if 100% of people who respond do not agree with what i say, likewise i can not change what i think and i will not fake anything for anyone no matter what.

my belief is that i know what i say, and what i say is valid in my mind, and it is complete at the instant i think it, and i will never alter it to appeal to others who want other things than me.

being true and real may be hard and lonely, but it is like a rock that is not eroded by time and weather, and when everything else is blown away by the sands of time, your solidarity still stands as a monolith in eternal time. i know we die and stuff, but i will always be me until i die, and no one can erode me.

believe what you were born to think. do not believe what you are told to think.

i think i am too tired to continue saying stuff on the forum because my neurons are feeble due to the lack of vital electricity in them. good night.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 9:23 am

I feel like that, too. Despite many members here posting about difficulties I relate to, I still feel like an outsider here. It is probably helped by the fact that most of my posts consists of very lame jokes. Then again, I feel like that in real life, too (sometimes, even the lame jokes are included).

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 9:39 am

artrat wrote:
I feel unwelcome too . I don't have a special talent and can not think as logical as most people on this forum.
Nobody responds to my posts that can take me a half hour to write. When I post on this forum I get anxious and feel like crying.
This is like real life where some people are more popular than others.

I like your posts better than some of the popular aspies posts.

Awwwe I consider myself one of the lower functioning people on here too. I'm emotionally/psychologically lower functioning, I also have ADHD, and tons of LDs. People do read your posts artrat I think a lot of people like us want to respond to each others posts but we have really low self esteem. I've wanted to post replies to yours but I'm not always on the ball spelling wise so I back out. The biggest reason is that I feel very similarly to you. So I feel as if I'd just be redundant or that I might be annoying somehow. Maybe the popular people on here don't have the same kind emotional difficulties or LDs getting in the way of their ability to post. I personally have extremely low self esteem. It's so low in fact that it actually significantly impairs my ability to function. I have very similar PTSD related symptoms which are the reason for my irreparably low self esteem. I can't bring myself to do things sometimes because I don't feel I'm good enough. I grew up being the child with the lowest marks in her class, bullied by both teachers and students. There are people on here who don't have severe emotional problems in addition to their AS so they don't always understand or can reply to the emotionally charged posts people with more difficulties like us post. It's not about popularity at all. Some people might even be scared of saying the wrong thing.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 10:04 am

A lot of times I don't post anything because the last person to post said what I wanted to say better than I could say it. It's not a thread killer thing. Just kind of like, That's the best comment ever. I "bow" to the last poster.
Nintendofan, B9, Angel_Ryan, I never think of anyone as lower or higher functioning. Seriously, It never even crossed my mind. I like everybody's posts except those that are nasty or rude on purpose. I come across wrong all the time. I wish I were more like the posters who take their time and think about what they say before they hit the submit button. Too often I hit submit and then realize I don't think I said what I meant to say. (Then I worry about it and wonder what to do about it and how I could change it or what if I hurt someone's feelings, and on and on...) Then I'm too confused to change anything. :oops: 8O

See perfect example here...I'm rambling. What I mean to say is please stick around. :)

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"