Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Keifer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Feb 2010, 10:58 pm

I catch myself daydreaming everyday. During school, during work, and even during conversations with other people. Sometimes I'll be reading a book or watching television, and then notice I haven't absorbed anything I read or saw. I've been in la la land.

I often daydream of how I wish some encounters went. A replaying of a scenario that could have gone better. Sometimes I get really into it, and begin to act out and vocalize the scenes I'm imagining while pacing and flapping my wrists. I've been doing this for so many years now its become methodical, and a part of my daily routine.

When I'm not doing this, I just mumble to myself.

So, anyone else out there share at least some of these traits?

Descartes30
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2010, 11:03 pm

I do not speak aloud when doing so, but the rest of this fits me perfectly. I am very shy, and very quiet even when I'm not shy with someone, so most of my life is internal, has been for over 30 years now. Pacing and hand movements have decreased a little with age, but I still do them. You are not alone. :)

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 11:13 pm

Pace, jump, run, walk, daydream all the time. A lot of my day dreaming is about relationships with people and born out of intense loneliness. Sometimes I have fantasies where I achieve great success and get my revenge on everyone who I felt ever rejected me. These later fantasies are pretty unhealthy and I'm not proud.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 11:17 pm

I do a lot of daydreaming and pacing around my apartment and the clubhouse. I daydream about different scenarios that I can end up in. It actually helps me out in the long run, because I can get myself out of any pickle that I find myself in, due to that mental practicing that I do.

Keifer

18 Feb 2010, 11:21 pm

I have revenge fantasies too. They're usually pretty violent physical attacks on people I want to hurt. Feels bad.

MrTeacher
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2010, 11:23 pm

I daydream when I am reading often. Then, I think, I haven't comprehended what I have read, but when I go to re-read what I have read, I am annoyed because I feel I have already read the work. very annoying.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 12:10 am

Keifer wrote:
I catch myself daydreaming everyday. During school, during work, and even during conversations with other people. Sometimes I'll be reading a book or watching television, and then notice I haven't absorbed anything I read or saw. I've been in la la land.

I often daydream of how I wish some encounters went. A replaying of a scenario that could have gone better. Sometimes I get really into it, and begin to act out and vocalize the scenes I'm imagining while pacing and flapping my wrists. I've been doing this for so many years now its become methodical, and a part of my daily routine.

all the time...constantly constantly....any revenge fantasies I have are only destructive towards myself though...

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 12:18 am

I daydream when I'm walking to and from the bus stop, or otherwise walking around in public, and I sometimes do catch myself speaking out loud while doing so. When I daydream at home, I twirl my hands in front of my face, pace back and forth, or sometimes even jump up and down.=)

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 12:25 am

Keifer wrote:

I do the exact same thing except for the flapping my wrists part.

"If you feed your faith your fears will starve to death"

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrandonJ280

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 12:27 am

Keifer wrote:

I do the exact same thing except for the flapping my wrists part.

"If you feed your faith your fears will starve to death"

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrandonJ280

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 1:00 am

I daydream all the time. :) I spend much more time in my imaginary world than I do in the real world. As I said in another thread, I have lots of imaginary friends. When I daydream I get my best ideas for drawing and writing. When I daydream, I like to move around.

If it's daytime and the weather's okay, I'll go out running. I've been basically told that I look ridiculous when I run, but I've reached a point where I don't care what people think of me anymore in that particular regard. It's my stim, and it feels great, so that's what I do. I run anywhere from 1 to 9 times a day, from 20 to 45 minutes each. I run in a clockwise, circular pattern on the sidewalk in the park outside my backyard.

If I can't run due to the weather or the nighttime, I pace. I pace back and forth and, I recently noticed, I touch the back wall with my hands and lean in till my nose almost touches it. I usually do this in my own bedroom, but when someone else is in here using the computer, I use my parents' room. If I have the house to myself when everyone else is at work/school, then I pace around the house, which is the next best thing to running outside.

Oddly, I feel more embarrassed about being caught pacing by my own family members than I do about being seen running by complete strangers.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 1:03 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Keifer wrote:

all the time...constantly constantly....any revenge fantasies I have are only destructive towards myself though...

agreed, I need to stop myself

Keifer

19 Feb 2010, 1:06 am

Quote:
Oddly, I feel more embarrassed about being caught pacing by my own family members than I do about being seen running by complete strangers.

I feel the same. If they were to see me pacing they would acknowledge it and walk away. It makes me feel so embarrassed. Like they caught me doing something private.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 10:04 am

Keifer wrote:

Or when listening to the radio or music, writing, eating, washing my hands, or when I breathe. No, I wasn't being sarcastic, it's just that I day dream and space out all the time. Always have. A significant part of my waking hours is spent in la la land.

I pace a lot when listening to music on my mp3 player, and/or when I'm nervous/anxious or simply when lost in thoughts. I've paced my feet blistered. When I'm just lost in thoughts, I either pace or sit completely still staring ahead or up.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 10:36 am

Shadwell wrote:
Sometimes I have fantasies where I achieve great success and get my revenge on everyone who I felt ever rejected me. These later fantasies are pretty unhealthy and I'm not proud.

At least you can recognise and admit it. I get them too.

I do a lot of that stuff, too. I talk to myself, make random noises, pace a LOT. I like to act out the situations or facial expressions in front of the mirror, so I can see how it looks. Maybe that's one of the reasons I act shy, but normal to the average acquaintance. I also go over responses and tones in my head. And I daydream a lot, too. XD
Oh, and I totally get the reading thing. I always get lost, then remember "s**t! I haven't heard anything I was reading!"

M_p_furo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2010, 10:50 am

I guess you could say I daydream. I never called it that. I always said that I am "zoning out". When I was a kid I would do this often. I never paced, but I would rock at times. Now I mostly do it when I exercise at the gym.

Most of my thoughts center around various theoretical social scenarios and things I should say or do. It almost feels like I'm practicing a foreign language....if that makes any sense.