POLL: Do you experience seizures (or suspect them)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Do you experience seizures?
Yes (confirmed medical diagnosis). 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
I suspect so, but have not been tested. 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
I don't think so / I have no idea! 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
No (confirmed medical diagnosis) 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

SK666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Dec 2015, 12:36 am

Further to my forum topic about the disconnected brain, I'm curious as to how many of you experience, or suspect seizure activity in your own brain. Please vote in the poll. If you answer yes - or that you suspect them - can you please add more detail by posting a reply in this discussion?

Things like
- type of seizure.
- triggers.
- do they happen in your sleep?
- how you confirmed this through testing.
- any other info, like what it feels like to YOU when you have a [suspected] seizure.

I'm particularly interested in frontal lobe seizures, but info about any other types also give context and insight. Thanks!
If you want to discuss the disconnected brain you can go here: viewtopic.php?t=300076

Undergoing the process of an in-depth differential diagnosis with a clinical psychologist, who has 35 yrs experience in ASDs. Using DSMV, ADOS-2 (Mod 4), ADI-R, peer-reviewed literature, empirical and anecdotal evidence. Now the focus of a case study.

[AQ: 38/50] [EQ: 17/80, SQ: 59/80] [AS: 145/200, NT: 95/200]
[MBTI: INTP] [IQ: 144, (SD: 24) (Matrix)]

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Dec 2015, 2:27 am

I don't have seizures but I take a seizure med for my OCD which helps it alot.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 10:45 am

- type of seizure. - Grand Mal

- triggers. - Sound; alot of worries.....

- do they happen in your sleep? - I don't know.

- how you confirmed this through testing. - Through my neurologist.

- any other info, like what it feels like to YOU when you have a [suspected] seizure. - I feel a "rush"----like, it's sort-of like I don't know if I'm gonna vomit, scream, run..... You know that feeling that comes-over you right before you vomit? There's like a "rush"----and, you're like: "I think I'm gonna puke"; and then, you really DO rush----to the bathroom.

I find a wall, and slide-down. I can hear and see everything that's going-on, but I keep my eyes closed. I can't move or talk, but I'll scream if someone touches me (this has nothing to do with "a sensory issue, in the ASDer sense"; it has to do with seizures).

When people are around me, I hear them, but if you've ever seen a movie scene where someone is way out in a field, and there are people at the road talking to each other, I'm the person waaaaay out in the field. I remember having a seizure at work, one time----same scenario inside me, I was way out in a field----and I heard my supervisor, and in my mind I was saying: "I'm here, I need help.....", but I couldn't speak.

Edits: Left-out a thought.

Last edited by Campin_Cat on 07 Dec 2015, 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 10:48 am

I think I might have had seizures when I was about six months old. I had a (really minor) disease known as roseola; it causes extremely high fever, and possibly seizures. It usually resolves itself in a couple of days, though.

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 11:45 am

There's no poll option for "I used to, but don't anymore." I had two tonic-clonic seizures at ages eleven and twelve before I was put on medication; however, while those prevented the tonic-clonic kind, I had simple partial seizures for the next six years due to a lesion on my left temporal lobe. I had that part of my temporal lobe and my left hippocampus removed last year, and I no longer have seizures.

They were usually triggered by stress or physical activity. I would start breathing heavily and space out while being unable to talk. I coulld tell one would be coming on, and in the case of a tonic-clonic seizure, I could tell about five minutes before if I was going to have one. I don't think I ever had one while sleeping, but I can't be sure. Yes, they were confirmed through testing; I've had four EEGs and an MRI.