Are you "allowed" to have a sense of humor...

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 3:14 pm

if you're on the spectrum?

I mean more of a dark, snarky, or sarcastic sense of humor more so than zany or bonkers.

How do people react to your humor, if you sarcasm or are somewhat snarky, but no more so than NTs?

Do they laugh at NTs with the same sense of humor as yours and reprimand you for it because you have a disorder?

Assume you're being rude?

HDTV...

Whatever.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 3:16 pm

My sense of humour is like you described, and to be honest, I don't notice or care much how people react to it.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 3:18 pm

I am well known for my sarcasm amongst family and friends when I have them lol

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2012, 3:34 pm

My sense of humor is either non-existent of highly dark and snarky. This has caused problems with the more conservative individuals at my workplace that expect me to be what I look like: "a nice girl."

sillycat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2012, 3:56 pm

EXPECIALLY wrote:
if you're on the spectrum?

I mean more of a dark, snarky, or sarcastic sense of humor more so than zany or bonkers.

How do people react to your humor, if you sarcasm or are somewhat snarky, but no more so than NTs?

Do they laugh at NTs with the same sense of humor as yours and reprimand you for it because you have a disorder?

Assume you're being rude?

If humanity love "Gallows humor", (dark humor), such as Groucho Marx, Al Bundy, Rosanne, Game griefers (yes they're extremely funny), and Mel Brooks, Monty Python, then yes it's good to have dark humor.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:19 pm

Some get angry, some feel offended, some don't get it, the lucky ones enjoy it with me. ;)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:38 pm

People think I am funny when I am not even trying to be. Some find it hurtful. I have no idea if they are laughing because I was funny or because I said something wrong. I have also been accused of being snarky when I was being serious.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:43 pm

ghostar wrote:
My sense of humor is either non-existent of highly dark and snarky. This has caused problems with the more conservative individuals at my workplace that expect me to be what I look like: "a nice girl."

Who in their right mind would want a 'nice girl'? I'll take dark & snark any day.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:44 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
ghostar wrote:

Who in their right mind would want a 'nice girl'? I'll take dark & snark any day.

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2012, 4:48 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
ghostar wrote:

LOL I have no idea! Certainly no one that would choose to truly get to know the real me! :P

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 5:02 pm

Well I've never started off a nickname for anyone before, because of the fear that I would most probably offend them by mistake. Also I never joke around with people because I know they would probably take it seriously if I did it. They probably won't, but I'm frightened to because it's happened before once. My friend said, ''I'm sorry, I can't see you tomorrow now, I've got my dad coming over'', and I smiled cheerfully, folded my arms and laughed as I said, ''what is it something I said? Something I done?'' then laughed cheerfully after and kind of bucked, which indicates a jokey movement (I've seen other people do it), and he went serious and said, ''no, you haven't done anything, my dad is just coming.'' And no, just because I'm an Aspie, doesn't mean the answer is ''oh you probably had a different tone of voice'' or some s**t like that, because I'm good with tone of voice, and I'm good with using the right moves too. Either he was just being a miserable a***hole, or I got taken seriously because I don't normally joke around with people. I got called a stupid cow before, but they were just joking because they were laughing cheerfully and bucking, so I didn't take it seriously at all and I just laughed. I automatically knew they were joking around, without even thinking. And I suffer from paranoia, but I still knew that was just a joke. But if I laughed and called somebody something like that in a situation that was over a laughing matter, I bet you I would be taken seriously.

davidalan11235813
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2012, 5:06 pm

It's kind of funny. I don't understand other people's sarcasm most of the time (which I attribute to AS), but I have a very dry sarcastic sense of humor that other people seem to rarely cue in on.

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2012, 5:24 pm

davidalan11235813 wrote:
It's kind of funny. I don't understand other people's sarcasm most of the time (which I attribute to AS), but I have a very dry sarcastic sense of humor that other people seem to rarely cue in on.

Me too, often.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 5:37 pm

I quite enjoy dark humour like that in Peter Jackson's films. I enjoy some sarcastic comedians, I think because I know that they are going to be using sarcastic humour, rather than when somebody just pulls some sarcasm on me in real life.

I do not find cruelty very funny though.

It makes me angry. 8O :evil: :wall: :evil: :evil: :wall: :wall: :help:

ECJ
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2012, 5:39 pm

ghostar wrote:
davidalan11235813 wrote:

Me too, often.

and me!

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2012, 6:04 pm

Orr wrote:
I quite enjoy dark humour like that in Peter Jackson's films. I enjoy some sarcastic comedians, I think because I know that they are going to be using sarcastic humour, rather than when somebody just pulls some sarcasm on me in real life.

I do not find cruelty very funny though.

It makes me angry. 8O :evil: :wall: :evil: :evil: :wall: :wall: :help:

This is a good sign...people that enjoy cruelty make me feel wary with good reason! :roll: