why is social interaction so exhausting?

Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2012, 3:37 pm

knowbody15 wrote:
Happy birthday Tardiscompanion:)

;) thankies thankies!

"What goes bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud? - - -A Time Lord committing suicide." - Graffito the Prydonian.

JCJC777
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2012, 4:52 pm

StuckWithin wrote:
JCJC777 wrote:
It's a combination of (1) systematizing, but also (2) really wanting a positive outcome (acceptance by others) and (3) having no clue what the right thing to say or do is, and worrying terribly about it.

Thanks - very helpful.

Can do something about (2) ; just stop wanting that acceptance by others. that will make the systemising lower and less exhausting

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2012, 10:28 pm

I personally find it exhausting because I cannot be myself. If someone asks whether I want to see X or Y movie, I can't just say "No I don't wanna see it" without sounding abrupt, so I end up going along with what the other person wants......and that in itself is exhausting!!

I can't smoothly transition in conversations, such as ending it smoothly or knowing when to stop answering a question. I have to think real hard about the right questions to ask the other person. I never know how to look someone in the eye or for how long, how to do it naturally.

In conversations, people go with the flow rather than dive into a topic of their interest. So how to keep that flow without getting bored :?: ...i don't have the answer. It is just exhausting to interact with people on so many levels.