Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kill231
Toucan
Toucan

06 May 2012, 1:43 pm

What would life be like without NT's? What would be different?

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 1:52 pm

It seems like it would be great at first glance, but I think if you think about it a while, you realize everything would just fall apart.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 1:52 pm

It wouldn't be good. There are things that NTs are great at, that aspies are unable to do themselves, but have to do or like to do. Consider, for example, DJ'ing, waiting tables, or organizing parties. To be a DJ, you have to have tolerance for loud music and obnoxious people. To wait tables, you have great memory for faces and names and outgoing personality. To get a party going, you need strong charisma. Those tend to me most aspies' weaknesses. But there are aspies out the who enjoy dancing to music, eating at restaurants with friendly waitstaff, and attending parties. Just there are NTs out there who enjoy using new Apple gadgets and need logical solutions to problems. We all need each other's presence.

kill231
Toucan
Toucan

06 May 2012, 1:59 pm

In my non-NT world pop music and other styles can be embraced and we don't need DJ's to survive. Also if we work as a group (which I think is very possible) great things can be done.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 3:17 pm

I think the world needs all types. Now a world where all NT people understood and accepted other neurologies, that would be awesome.
If there were no NT people a lot of the things I like and admire about my family and friends would be gone.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
It wouldn't be good. There are things that NTs are great at, that aspies are unable to do themselves, but have to do or like to do. Consider, for example, DJ'ing, waiting tables, or organizing parties. To be a DJ, you have to have tolerance for loud music and obnoxious people. To wait tables, you have great memory for faces and names and outgoing personality. To get a party going, you need strong charisma. Those tend to me most aspies' weaknesses. But there are aspies out the who enjoy dancing to music, eating at restaurants with friendly waitstaff, and attending parties. Just there are NTs out there who enjoy using new Apple gadgets and need logical solutions to problems. We all need each other's presence.

I have to admit I giggled a bit at this one, party throwing and disco... who would go to those anyway if the NTs are not around, hardly any Aspies, we'd find each other in other places. ^^ And as for waiting tables, I find it very enjoyable (and I did it before Sheldon. ^^), so no harm there, there are aspies to pull that one off aswell. ;) And with a bunch of aspies at the table, who'd notice if the waiter isn't outgoing? :lol:

kill231
Toucan
Toucan

06 May 2012, 3:38 pm

Very good points so new subject
What would the world be like if NT's accepted and worked together with other neurologies?

CuriousKitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2012, 3:57 pm

the few people that I don't find exhausting turn out to also have Aspie traits. If there were no NT's, the world would certainly be far more Aspie friendly :-)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 4:01 pm

I don't know, if the vast majority of people have always been on the spectrum and society was continued on to this very day, then I suppose we wouldn't know any different. Perhaps things would have been different, perhaps not to what it is like today, but we would still all survive. I mean, Aspies are not stupid. Society would just be typically ran our way, and I don't know what that is because it hasn't happened. If this was how the world has always been since the human race began, then the minority of NTs would probably be sitting there thinking, ''I wonder how society would be if it was ran by NTs?'' and they wouldn't be able to imagine any different.

kill231
Toucan
Toucan

06 May 2012, 4:03 pm

Exactly it would be more based on logic and there would be less wars because we don't like to fight.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 5:31 pm

War would break out almost immediately over whether or not someone had used a word correctly.
Thankfully, everyone would soon become distracted by an interesting book.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 5:32 pm

kill231 wrote:
Very good points so new subject
What would the world be like if NT's accepted and worked together with other neurologies?

In a word: wealthier. I mean think about all the human capital that's getting wasted. A million forgotten Einsteins may have perished in the gutter, and we'd never know.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 5:34 pm

Everyone would be wonderfully logical little Spocklings... until the furniture got rearranged.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 May 2012, 5:41 pm

:lmao: Excellent...

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 8:00 pm

It would be a peacful world with less conflict and less people killing each other in the name of religion. Their would be healthcare for all the economy would be excellent governments would be better to in my opinon.

MiatheMutant
Raven
Raven

06 May 2012, 8:13 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Everyone would be wonderfully logical little Spocklings... until the furniture got rearranged.

You're hysterical. You've made my day. :lol:

Undiagnosed: marginal costs > marginal benefits